ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last I looked, Daily Motion had all episodes for watching for free, including the Xmas special.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its amazing how realistic the show is in how it mirrors every day life and the groups we are all a part of. My wife is a member of a Local Quilt guild. Just like the show, they have show and tell, boring guest speakers, (they even had a speaker come in to discus buttons) fund raising events where nobody shows up, competition with the other local guild members and the list goes on. Where we as detectorist sometimes compete in who has the best or most expensive equipment IE Garrett vs Minelab. The sewing industry has the Berninas and Janome's with machines ranging from a few hundred bucks to as much as 17k for a top of the line Bernina. At least the tools of our hobby are still within the grasp of most everyone wanting to enter it. Im sure other hobbies can be compared to detectorist as well. Its a great show that appeals to more than just our group and i cant wait to see the second season.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like my kinda show.
"A Metal Detecting Comedy"
With putt-tabs & all.

I need to check this out , even the pictures of the guy's kinda makes me laugh.

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With putt-tabs & all.

The writing is amazing and the little things make it halarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The writing is amazing and the little things make it halarious.

I like British comedies anyway, but these 2 guys are just a great team.
With putt-tabs & all.

Davers, give it a try. I bet you will like it.
What makes the show great is all the boring finds. Matchbox cars, ring pulls, common coins and so on. That's what real metal detecting is all about. You pay your dues digging trash and face value coins. It makes you appreciate finding the good stuff when you finally dig it up.

And remember what Lance stated right before he found his treasure, "When in doubt, dig it out." One of the best metal detecting quotes ever!

This show does much more for the hobby than the ones we have here in the US. It really is more realistic as far as the finds and you can tell they have done their homework.

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Dude,

Yes you are 100% correct this show presents us as care takers not guys making loud noises for TV.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Danebury is Fictional , however
are they members of a Real club?

I want one of their Fleeces :laughing7:

CYDAIUEWkAEneUz.jpg

Last edited:

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting those Jeff. Crook said he wasn't sure if he was gg to do a 3rd season cuz he didn't have the cache of ideas...all he has to do is read this forum, and I'm sure any of us would supply him with endless material...Juyst the other day some kids at the beach were bugging me, getting too close, so I told them they needed to keep their distance cuz the coil was electrified and they could get shocked. They drew way back, some leaving, but one kid looked skeptical and said it wasn't, so I said "OK, touch it then" and pushed it towards him. He jumped back. I laffed and made friends with him.
Crook has a wicked sense of humor and a subtle mastery of dialogue. I'm glad he found this niche.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for posting those Jeff. Crook said he wasn't sure if he was gg to do a 3rd season cuz he didn't have the cache of ideas...all he has to do is read this forum, and I'm sure any of us would supply him with endless material...Juyst the other day some kids at the beach were bugging me, getting too close, so I told them they needed to keep their distance cuz the coil was electrified and they could get shocked. They drew way back, some leaving, but one kid looked skeptical and said it wasn't, so I said "OK, touch it then" and pushed it towards him. He jumped back. I laffed and made friends with him.
Crook has a wicked sense of humor and a subtle mastery of dialogue. I'm glad he found this niche.

" ^This is priceless!^ :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread