Email sent to the Parks Dept. Screenshot_2018-02-07-10-51-04-1.png

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool I like it. I would still probe around, you can feel when you hit plexiglass, and pinpoint exact spot before digging. Should be around 18" right? Good luck!

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe all the boxes are buried 36"-42". I found an email for the publisher and my daughter instagramed( no social media here)Josh Gates as well. If nothing happens by spring I would decipher most of the verses and images if the treasure hunters code allows. Im new at this, would that be wrong?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You would be fine offering your solution. Are you aware that some of the pieces to the puzzle have possibly moved since the treasure was originally buried? Are you going off of where they once stood or where they stand now?

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Anything is possible. With one exception I feel everything else is present and as it was in the early 80's.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pulse would find it no problem...

Too bad none around me.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Any theories on "him of Hard word" the fifth clue of verse 10?

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was way off base...

Last edited:

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
I think its a dig at NYs James Fenimore Cooper. He depicted American indians as noble but subhuman. His famous work Last of the Mohicans has connection to Manhattan as well. The indigenous Delaware or Lenape were a branch of the Mohican. The sign is a museum at Bowling Green in NYC.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
He's neither green or jolly, but is a grim reminder of what men are capable of. PHOTO_20180125_114105-1-1-1-1.jpg

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WTH? Is the game not still on?

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
I have read and heard the hunt is over, and the publishing company may no longer be solvent. But recently seeing Karah and Blaire Preiss with Josh Gates did give me a glimmer of hope. Still waiting to hear from NYC Parks.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
I have been trying to get accepted to the PbWorks site to get some real exposure and bust the NYC hunt wide open. I get the feeling the powers that be dont want it discovered. Im waiting on the Isle of B to see what transpires.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Mr. Cheech, the letter you got back shows that the address you sent it to has been no good for at least a yr. and a half. It's forwarded for a year then for another 6 months it's returned to you with the forwarding address (if there was one). Good luck.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Yes Mailman, there are many dead ends in this hunt.I wanted to disclose the clues and exact location on this forum, but there is little interest here as well. The biggest following of this is on the pb works site, but they wont let me register. I dont think they want it solved!!! Its in the works to publicly solve it on social media. Happy Hunting -Cheech

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
I have been revealing the NY hunt on several different sites, if interested check out the Andrewlaydenegg blog.

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ill share this with the group... i think i solved the Boston pic...I actually shared with Josh gates after seeing the episode on this and doing some research into it...and I thought I would share it here and see if anyone can look into this...here is the message I sent josh and i ll attach photos after:

After watching your episode last night I was very interested in the story "The Secret" specifically Pic #11 which has been linked to Boston MA. Many have already did a lot of work on this puzzle and have pretty much solved it except for the last clue and digging up the treasure (obviously). So after watching the episode with my 8 year old son, who has become a HUGE fan of yours, I dug into the puzzle...After reading the solutions posted on this page The Secret (a treasure hunt) / Verse 03 to the poem of verse #3. It seems like everyone is stuck on the last line.... "In truth, be free"...many believe it links to a bible verse, song, or a local school...well after looking at it and being in the mindset I think I solved it. I am sharing with you because people have stated that they have tried to dig in the area or search but police show up...and the only way to properly explore would be to get a permit from the City of Boston...easy enough to do if your the star of a major TV show and celebrity with ties to Boston ( yourself). I live in Syracuse NY and could easily head out there in the spring and check out my work, but I would not be able to dig without probably get arrested....nor do I believe the city would allow myself to. Instead I figured I would share with you...

Ok now onto the solution...I attached 2 photos of the #11 picture linked to Boston both point to the same spot, just have different clues circled... My answer to the last verse "In truth, be free" is simple. I believe that it literally mean in the word truth the treasure will be found and free...what word that is tied to Boston can you make out of the word TRUTH... RUTH (as in Babe Ruth)!!! what was Babe Ruth's number when he was with Boston #3...

Ok so now lets look at the photo...if you go to the site that i linked, everyone has matched the symbols in the puzzle pic and it led them to a park near Fenway, Charlesgate Park...its a dead ringer for the globe seen in the lower right side of the woman (christopher columbus)....the stone rings in the park have different sections which can be seen in the pictures...but on the large ring depicted in the puzzle the sections are actually numbers....I lined them in yellow in the 2 different pics I attached to this email...you can clearly see the #4 and once I outline the #5 you can see that also...so why the numbers...well it brings it back to the last line in the poem "In Truth, be free" now #3 worn by the Babe makes sense. In one solution I outline the #1 which can also be seen on the right hand side and a roman #2 both solutions are missing the #3...which would be where the answer to the last verse fits in and solves the puzzle...In Solution #2 i included you can almost see a ball and a bat in the painting where the #3 should be... X marks the spot...it has to be right behind or inside that section of the circle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions