The Secret a Treasure Hunt

TheGoldenCD

Nov 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I found the NY one 3 years ago... even had a piece of the plastic encasing. I know where the entire thing is buried but due to renovations of the park it could have gotten tossed anywhere and I anytime I tried to go dig, police were there. I never went back because it wasn't worth getting arrested. I tried contacting Josh Gates but never got a response. Some day I will go back.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Curious

I have solved image 3 with verse. But i cant elaborate until i have covered all the legal stuff to actually dig up the casque.

Needless to say, it is not in Roanoke VA.

Oh, and verse 1 goes with image 9, not image 8 as has been thought.

Verse 5 goes with image 8.

Chris

Chris, did you solve image 3 in New York? Just curious, there were a couple things in the image leading me there. One is the atlas statue and the other the cross that's near it. There's an atlas statue in front of the Rockefeller Center across from a large church.

Jack

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's hand

Hey guys I figured out why the hand in image 7 for New Orleans is so awkward looking, havn't seen it mentioned before so I will share my thoughts. It hides the date of the birth of Louise Philippe I in 1773, he was proclaimed "king of the french" in 1830. I noticed the 77 first and then the 3 and there is more highlight on the top of the stick so I figured it was a 1 for 1773, then googled "1773 new orleans" and found Louise Philippe I.

View attachment 1770036

Has anyone figured out that the vase, the hand, and the mirror are Little Bo Peep and Humpty Dumpty? The thumb nail on the hand is even cloven like a sheep's hoof as an extra clue. They are both at Storyland in New Orleans City Park. I'm sure that is where the treasure is. I think they renovated the park last year. I hope they didn't destroy all the clues. I think one of the clues "at the place where jewels abound, fifteen rows to the ground" That's a xylophone in the park. The tubes are all jewel tones, there are 15 tubes, and ground means the ground note.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the NY one 3 years ago... even had a piece of the plastic encasing. I know where the entire thing is buried but due to renovations of the park it could have gotten tossed anywhere and I anytime I tried to go dig, police were there. I never went back because it wasn't worth getting arrested. I tried contacting Josh Gates but never got a response. Some day I will go back.

No renovations have been done at the park that it is buried in.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What did you get on the clue "although the sign nearby speaks of indies native"? I think a lot of people think it's Hamilton. I think it is Bermuda grass.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you get on the clue "although the sign nearby speaks of indies native"? I think a lot of people think it's Hamilton. I think it is Bermuda grass.

It’s not a “sign” either (word play)
It’s neither. It is a persons name

He was an author, inventor, and entrepreneur.

When you find him, he will tell you

The Grey Giant
The arm over the slender path
Of Hard Word

3vols will be easier to understand

3vols happens everyday somewhere in the USA.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard word and 3 volumes

It’s not a “sign” either (word play)
It’s neither. It is a persons name

He was an author, inventor, and entrepreneur.

When you find him, he will tell you

The Grey Giant
The arm over the slender path
Of Hard Word

3vols will be easier to understand

3vols happens everyday somewhere in the USA.

It's not hard to understand, the hard word is "rough" the 3 volumes are first cut, 2nd cut, rough. The whirring sound in summer are lawnmowers. It's a golf cousrse that you are standing next to. There's a road there, "cars abound".

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not hard to understand, the hard word is "rough" the 3 volumes are first cut, 2nd cut, rough. The whirring sound in summer are lawnmowers. It's a golf cousrse that you are standing next to. There's a road there, "cars abound".

No, none of that is right!

3vols. Not volumes

Here is an early Christmas present from me to you.

https://www.green-wood.com/2012/minerva-facing-what/

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1782.jpg

It’s me

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm

No, none of that is right!

3vols. Not volumes

Here is an early Christmas present from me to you.

https://www.green-wood.com/2012/minerva-facing-what/

That's a big casque. Dig that up yourself? The real gray giant is a much lighter shade of gray. Look, I have what I think are some very good ideas on some of the clues. I know not everyone will think they have any merit. But until anyone can produce a casque and a key, were in the same ballpark.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice likeness, tell your Mom, Happy Mother's Day! The gray giant is a much lighter shade of gray. Rhapsodic man's soil should be referring to gravel. rhapsody (a miscellaneous collection) man's soil (man made). I'm just trying to offer another view of the clues. No one is right or wrong until the casque is found.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big casque. Dig that up yourself? The real gray giant is a much lighter shade of gray. Look, I have what I think are some very good ideas on some of the clues. I know not everyone will think they have any merit. But until anyone can produce a casque and a key, were in the same ballpark.

You have a great day then.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just trying to offer another view of the clues. No one is right or wrong until the casque is found.

Its not a semantics debate. Someone is right and everyone else is wrong because there is only a single correct answer. Posting theories on a forum is useless. You either go look for it, or youre wasting your time. What would it possibly matter IF you postulate a correct answer but never go there to find it?

Go hunt, thats what the entire purpose of the puzzles was about.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not a semantics debate. Someone is right and everyone else is wrong because there is only a single correct answer. Posting theories on a forum is useless. You either go look for it, or youre wasting your time. What would it possibly matter IF you postulate a correct answer but never go there to find it?

Very true. I drove 777 miles to walk my solve. The problem was I could only see so much from google earth. The trees get in the way.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but

I agree with you, the puzzle can't be solved here but then what's the purpose of the forum? should we just talk about the weather?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you, the puzzle can't be solved here but then what's the purpose of the forum? should we just talk about the weather?

Well, this was started as, and remains primarily a metal detecting forum. I dont really understand all the other bs sub-forums about music and weather and religion, politics and fantasy treasure chases has to do with anything more than inviting website visits to drive ad revenue for the owner.

seeker79

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this was started as, and remains primarily a metal detecting forum. I dont really understand all the other bs sub-forums about music and weather and religion, politics and fantasy treasure chases has to do with anything more than inviting website visits to drive ad revenue for the owner.

I hear you, and I'm not trying to be a smart behind but this isn't the metal detecting section of the forum. You must be intrigued by "The Secret" just like the rest of us. Anyway, I'm here to talk about the images and verses that everyone was challenged to solve. If this branch of the forum doesn't need to exist, i'm fine with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread