The Secret a Treasure Hunt

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you, and I'm not trying to be a smart behind but this isn't the metal detecting section of the forum. You must be intrigued by "The Secret" just like the rest of us. Anyway, I'm here to talk about the images and verses that everyone was challenged to solve. If this branch of the forum doesn't need to exist, i'm fine with that.

Eh, I'm grumpy today. Too many work days without a break. Anyway, you seem like youve got your head on straight. These types of threads tend to attract a lot of hit-and-run posters and people are trying to scam others doing the work and sharing the results.

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I have been working on New York.
I believe that I have “The Solve”
[emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562]

I've been playing with the NY puzzle too. I think I found a location back in November too... But, was waiting for the ground to thaw... Now with the virus I feel like I'll never be able to get there to search...

Wishing you good luck...

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been playing with the NY puzzle too. I think I found a location back in November too... But, was waiting for the ground to thaw... Now with the virus I feel like I'll never be able to get there to search...

Wishing you good luck...

I have given up on New York. They will not give me a research permit. So there’s really nothing else I can do. I believe it is at the top of the stairs Sunset Park fifth Avenue and 44th St.
Take the actual 17 steps add five more you’re in the grass start digging

muppet

Jun 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the "legeater" in image 9 that ties it to Montreal called a legeater lamp? is that the actual name or is that a nickname from Secret people?

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the "legeater" in image 9 that ties it to Montreal called a legeater lamp? is that the actual name or is that a nickname from Secret people?

I am not sure. There seems to be one in St. Louis. I haven’t been involved in months. The last time I checked in they were not sure of Montreal or St. Louis.
If I remember correctly there was something about a Pack of dogs that got into the zoo in St. Louis. When they came in the next morning dog was chewing on the leg of a giraffe. Something like that you’d have to check into it if you’re serious about it

Spikerama

Sep 17, 2010
I believe I have strong theories about some of the casques but I am too far away to look. I have specific dig spots for Montreal, Charleston, New Orleans, and San Francisco. Are there any of you guys close to these places and willing to search? The main obstacle to be aware of is getting permission to dig because these dig sites are parks. I will go 50/50.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our great interesting website. Now, you got problems. If you can afford a good lawyer, let them contact the city or state that own these parks. Dig without permission may sent you to jail. Good hunting and good luck.

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
I think its a dig at NYs James Fenimore Cooper. He depicted American indians as noble but subhuman. His famous work Last of the Mohicans has connection to Manhattan as well. The indigenous Delaware or Lenape were a branch of the Mohican. The sign is a museum at Bowling Green in NYC.
I think its somewhere at fort Desoto park in Bradenton Florida. Which I believe makes more sense based simply on the fact its close to Tampa international Airport, which is the more likely Airport to fly into Florida at. Plus the Bradenton fort de Soto park is based more around the indigenous Seminole tribe than st. Augustin. The Spanish were also looking for the fountain of youth there. I think everyone is wrong about the st. Louis one as well. A similar piece of the dog biter statue is there as well. Look up the 4 statues gifted to the u.s. from Italy after ww1 in Washington d.c. the depictions of love and war. I believe the artist used the dog biter to lead us to the Italian made portion of it, but it's clearly modified and 2 of the 4 statues I mentioned can be easily modified also. The checkerboard depicts the stone structure of the immigration department, the hour glass represents the one that's actually inside the immigration department, and the flower I think is a cherry blossom. Music note is "the voice that changed a country" by Marian Anderson. The music note depicts the one on a building in d.c. where the only known recording is kept I believe. It was about civil rights which is what this whole thing is about. Immigration and civil rights. I just started doing this literally a couple hours ago and that's where I'm at so far, so hang tight and give me a little more time for the rest of that particular ones details

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
I think its somewhere at fort Desoto park in Bradenton Florida. Which I believe makes more sense based simply on the fact its close to Tampa international Airport, which is the more likely Airport to fly into Florida at. Plus the Bradenton fort de Soto park is based more around the indigenous Seminole tribe than st. Augustin. The Spanish were also looking for the fountain of youth there. I think everyone is wrong about the st. Louis one as well. A similar piece of the dog biter statue is there as well. Look up the 4 statues gifted to the u.s. from Italy after ww1 in Washington d.c. the depictions of love and war. I believe the artist used the dog biter to lead us to the Italian made portion of it, but it's clearly modified and 2 of the 4 statues I mentioned can be easily modified also. The checkerboard depicts the stone structure of the immigration department, the hour glass represents the one that's actually inside the immigration department, and the flower I think is a cherry blossom. Music note is "the voice that changed a country" by Marian Anderson. The music note depicts the one on a building in d.c. where the only known recording is kept I believe. It was about civil rights which is what this whole thing is about. Immigration and civil rights. I just started doing this literally a couple hours ago and that's where I'm at so far, so hang tight and give me a little more time for the rest of that particular ones details
The Robert e. Lee house was used as a hospital for wounded slaves and immigrants during the war. His wife had an extravagant rose garden, and they dug it up. After the war the lees returned to their home and when she saw the garden was dug up, she left and never returned. Some couple years later they were illegally compensated for the property in I believe gold.

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
The Robert e. Lee house was used as a hospital for wounded slaves and immigrants during the war. His wife had an extravagant rose garden, and they dug it up. After the war the lees returned to their home and when she saw the garden was dug up, she left and never returned. Some couple years later they were illegally compensated for the property in I believe gold.
Her collar looks Potomac river, granite walls the Vietnam memorial, windswept halls the Lincoln memorial maybe, a citadel could be fort myer maybe or even the statues of the soldiers at the Korean memorial and the Washington monument is to the south and stands alone

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
Her collar looks Potomac river, granite walls the Vietnam memorial, windswept halls the Lincoln memorial maybe, a citadel could be fort myer maybe or even the statues of the soldiers at the Korean memorial and the Washington monument is to the south and stands alone
Lane and 222 has me stuck though. I was just there yesterday lol, I should go back. In Chicago though and bosses don't usually understand treasure hunts over work

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
The opal of the lowland trolls could certainly refer to the gnomes on the train model they have on the bottom floor of union Station during xmas

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
The image with the lion definitely Charleston. Says Charleston in the lions mane. Edwin booth, brother of John Wilkes booth, had a daughter edwina. Edwin was named after an artist by the name of Edwin Harleston

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
I can research facts all day. Just need boots on the ground and red tape cutters. I'd be willing to put money on it that the author of all this simply took day tours to find many of these tid bits not commonly listed in encyclopedias at the time

HercDav

Greenie
Dec 4, 2021
I think its somewhere at fort Desoto park in Bradenton Florida. Which I believe makes more sense based simply on the fact its close to Tampa international Airport, which is the more likely Airport to fly into Florida at. Plus the Bradenton fort de Soto park is based more around the indigenous Seminole tribe than st. Augustin. The Spanish were also looking for the fountain of youth there. I think everyone is wrong about the st. Louis one as well. A similar piece of the dog biter statue is there as well. Look up the 4 statues gifted to the u.s. from Italy after ww1 in Washington d.c. the depictions of love and war. I believe the artist used the dog biter to lead us to the Italian made portion of it, but it's clearly modified and 2 of the 4 statues I mentioned can be easily modified also. The checkerboard depicts the stone structure of the immigration department, the hour glass represents the one that's actually inside the immigration department, and the flower I think is a cherry blossom. Music note is "the voice that changed a country" by Marian Anderson. The music note depicts the one on a building in d.c. where the only known recording is kept I believe. It was about civil rights which is what this whole thing is about. Immigration and civil rights. I just started doing this literally a couple hours ago and that's where I'm at so far, so hang tight and give me a little more time for the rest of that particular ones details. I never claimed to be organized. But I can utilize some useless knowledge from my own head and a calling list of others lol.
And I've just learned the checkerboard and the citadel line ties together as flooring within The Citadel military academy are checkered. I know I'm all over the place but I'm just sharing what I find as I find it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread