Dubya Dubya Two

R

rarecoinit

I was lookin' through some old stuff when i came across a picture...

A framed photograph of the Japanese General (Yamamoto?) the one who led the attack on Pearl Harbor...it had a personal autograph from the general to a Bill Peace i believe (family member) it was a few years before Pearl Harbor happend.

Just figured i'd share that with y'all...i thought it was kinda cool...
Of course i'd never sell it but it'd be interestin' to see how much somethin' like that is worth.

I gotta find it to prove its existence in the house, but we've also got Martin Luther's picture with his signature on it or something to that extent.

I also found another hidden treasure on our wall...a portrait of a relative in our family, painted by Dwight D. Eisenhower...accordin' to grandma the pres. had a crush on her!

There's also a sword i found. It has no real identifying markings but i heard it was from the Spanish American War. A Spaniard carried it 'n a relative of ours (we got massive military family) killed the Spaniard 'n kept his sword. Not much can be said about it. Approx. 3 feet long, banana curved blade. The handle is simple, black with a brass D handguard. It has some stains on it and little knicks in the blade, like it had really been used. The end is still real sharp.
Came in a silver holder with brass rings to attatch to a belt.

I'll try to upload a photo of it some other time...

Good luck to ya all in your huntin'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread