Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you!! Hunted a place two weeks ago and someone had been there before me. Left all the iron on the ground next to his plugs and some still in the hole. Pissed me off because I was next to the road and people could see me and probably blamed me for the mess. I cleaned up what I could. I don't understand people. Great post.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's terrible!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback and support folks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
I've been turned down at multiple sites around here with great potential precisely because of crap like that. The land owners were genuinely grateful that I took the time and trouble to actually ask for permission (which is another big problem around here), but had to say "No" due to detectorists who had been given permission and abused it by leaving trash laying around, not filling their holes and generally exhibiting poor manners.

Maybe, just maybe, someone will get the message from your video. Good job, hate it that such messages are needed (they shouldn't be).

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got a bunch of low life diggers in your area. You are right. Permission will be harder and harder to get if you dont respect property. By the looks of things these guys were probably trespassing.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big AMEN, brother! Great video with a message that needs tellin'! The artifact laws in Georgia are already bad enough precisely because of self-centered people ticking off landowners. And those laws could be made worse, God forbid, if folks don't become more considerate of others.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple other people dig a site I also dig. With permission of course. Where I have been you see a nearly raked, smooth area (woods). I tend to recover the area with some leaf clutter. The other guys half*** cover their holes. I have filled many of them in.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the support everyone. I know one youtube video isn't going to make a huge difference but maybe a few folks will see it and change their ways.
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See that on the beaches here all of the time. D-bags.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the start of the video She is a Cutie !!!

Then the Bad plug we run into the Once --- ok to much We try to teach others by Example if we notice the have no pouch to carry away there trash we mention it to them And most of the time we will See them with a Pouch or a Bag next time We See them

Bad plugs we can Mention on better ways to dig them Most people will Listen And Improve But Not All If you are Looking You Know who we are talking About We told you to Check Out Treasure Net Chug And Red

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me started. Besides the iron on every rock or stump some people even hang it from branches in my area! :BangHead:

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again everyone for all the feedback and support.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot of these diggers that do stuff like that are midnight bandits who don't have permission and sneak in somewhere in the middle of the night, dig and run. Disgraceful.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fellow hunter asked me why I take a picture of my trash.
It shows the newbie that even guys who have been around awhile, will still dig trash targets. More importantly, if you take a picture of it at the end of the hunt, more than likely, you will dispose of it properly.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Having a bad back I only have so many "digs" in me each time out. When I find something like what you found it takes time from me and my day to fill it in and try to make it better. As bad as that is, you know you're going to find more just as bad. Don't let it ruin your day, hang in there, stay strong and keep doing the right thing !

rhedden

Mar 23, 2003
Eastern NY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex
I recall detecting a site in upstate NY that was the site of an old park and sidewalk tear-out. A previous person who had detected the site right before me had left massive, unfilled holes all over the place. I walked around the corner, and the unfilled holes went straight up onto the lawn of the U.S. Army Recruitment Center that was next door! I just about turned around and ran, because I did not want to get blamed for that! I plugged a bunch of holes on the lawn before heading back into the wooded area, where I decided to check all the open holes. The joke was on them, as I pulled a rare date 1869 Indian cent right out of the bottom of one of their unfilled craters. Careless detecting sure has its rewards, doesn't it? I hope whoever did it reads this post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread