Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

Re: Platinum Bars Treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by seaview
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Quinn
    You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.
    Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

Well, I would say that since you have to be careful, it would be wise to deal with a refiner. They deal with large amounts of gold, silver and platinum group metals on a daily basis. They're not about ruin their reputation on a deal. Try Midwest or Kitco. Both are well known, reputable companies with good standing.

I would steer clear of anyone who offers money through e-mail, especially if they want to meet in person. Never can be too careful out there.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro
    Quote Originally Posted by seaview
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Quinn
    You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.
    Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

Well, I would say that since you have to be careful, it would be wise to deal with a refiner. They deal with large amounts of gold, silver and platinum group metals on a daily basis. They're not about ruin their reputation on a deal. Try Midwest or Kitco. Both are well known, reputable companies with good standing.

I would steer clear of anyone who offers money through e-mail, especially if they want to meet in person. Never can be too careful out there.
    Yeah! We never can be too carefull these days. Could you please PM me Midwest website. I would like to deal with them.

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
    7 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Come on guys. I never said you need certificates to sell precious metal. He said that he had a bar of platinum with a certificate. I said a certificate is no good. You need assay marks, serial numbers, or other things struck into the bar itself to be of any benefit. A bar and a piece of paper will get you a cup of coffee at the Salvation Army. Just having a certificate IS NO GOOD.

Back to the bars.

You never said what was on the bars. What marks are there? There should be a company logo as well as purity information, etc on the bar. Like this picture. If not, they will have to be assayed to determine what is it as well as the purity before they can be sold.

What about the bank notes. If you give us the info off one of the bills, we can tell you if they are still valid currency. All banknotes are not the same. Scan one if you can. We are all shooting in the dark here if we don't have the information.

One more thing to mention. There was recently a pretty long thread about what to do with a GIA inscribed diamond. The same thing applies here with a serialized bar of precious metal. Numbers are numbers and there are worldwide records.

Give us more information so we can help. Help you get to the right place and also get it done right.

For my money, it sounds like YOU are either being scammed or set up for one. Give us some information so we can tell you.

Daryl

Attached Images Attached Images  
    The only way to really understand something is to play with it.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

And Kitco is at the top of the page here.

Jun 2007

I'am not sure in your country. In our country government will just took it from us and declare it belong to the country but i'am not sure yet.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BioProfessor
    Come on guys. I never said you need certificates to sell precious metal. He said that he had a bar of platinum with a certificate. I said a certificate is no good. You need assay marks, serial numbers, or other things struck into the bar itself to be of any benefit. A bar and a piece of paper will get you a cup of coffee at the Salvation Army. Just having a certificate IS NO GOOD.

Back to the bars.

You never said what was on the bars. What marks are there? There should be a company logo as well as purity information, etc on the bar. Like this picture. If not, they will have to be assayed to determine what is it as well as the purity before they can be sold.

What about the bank notes. If you give us the info off one of the bills, we can tell you if they are still valid currency. All banknotes are not the same. Scan one if you can. We are all shooting in the dark here if we don't have the information.

One more thing to mention. There was recently a pretty long thread about what to do with a GIA inscribed diamond. The same thing applies here with a serialized bar of precious metal. Numbers are numbers and there are worldwide records.

Give us more information so we can help. Help you get to the right place and also get it done right.

For my money, it sounds like YOU are either being scammed or set up for one. Give us some information so we can tell you.

Daryl
    Thanks again Daryl. You are helpfull here. I'am waiting for those guys to give me the details. I will post the pic here or i will just send those pictures to your PM.

I need to see the picture again to make sure it's right when i post info here.

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    7 times
    Banner Finds (3)

I would do this quickly. I think this sounds more and more like a scam and you are going to be in the middle.

Daryl

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro
    http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

And Kitco is at the top of the page here.
    Thanks Jeffro. I'am going to send an email to them.

Jun 2007

I would do this quickly. I think this sounds more and more like a scam and you are going to be in the middle.

Daryl
    Yeah! i'am going to do this quickly but please no rush. No scam in this thread. i'am not selling anything here. I just need some advice and thanks to you and other guys for good info.

Thanks.

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    7 times
    Banner Finds (3)

I am not saying you are scamming us.

I am saying that the deal with the platinum bars, gold, US bank notes sounds like a scam. We are trying to help keep YOU from getting scammed.

Daryl

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5963 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

here is Kitco

http://www.kitco.com/

& here are the Days Metal Prices

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=Metals

& here is info on selling to them

https://online.kitco.com/selling/

Jun 2007

I am not saying you are scamming us.

I am saying that the deal with the platinum bars, gold, US bank notes sounds like a scam. We are trying to help keep YOU from getting scammed.

Daryl
    Sorry mate. I will be very carefull on this deal. I will check again.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    here is Kitco

http://www.kitco.com/

& here are the Days Metal Prices

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?action=Metals

& here is info on selling to them

https://online.kitco.com/selling/
    Thanks for the info jeff.

us
    Dowsing Master, instructor

Jul 2005
    Michigan
    MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey Seaview, good luck on keeping it. If I found some Gold or Platinum bars out Treasure Hunting, from what I've read, I wouldn.t get to keep any of it, so they say..Dowser

Jun 2007

We also have $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. I check through the internet and found that they said most of the paper money has been destroyed and what we have are most likely fake ones.

Do you have any info to check out the currency security features. We do not only have the money, we also have the currency certs together with the box.

Please advice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors