Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jun 2007

Platinum Bars Treasures.

Hello Guys,

I saw this forum on the net and decided to join. I need some advice from those who are really experience in this field but of course anyone can share their thoughts.

edit
    Picture added.

Is it possibe for us to sell this treasure. Is there any club or maybe group that buys platinum bars? I'am not sure what kind is it.

Thanks for reading. Please advice if you have time.

Regards,

Seaview

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

Re: Platinum Bars Treasures.

Sure. Pretty much anyone will buy it. Refiners, speculators, anyone who deals in metals. Try Kitco or Midwest.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro
    Sure. Pretty much anyone will buy it. Refiners, speculators, anyone who deals in metals. Try Kitco or Midwest.
    emm.. does those guys needs certificate? it's a treasure.. will the authority take it if they knew it's a treasure?

Thanks mate.

Jun 2007

I'll discuss with my partner and post some interesting pictures here. He also told me that he has more than 100,000 USD OLD NOTES.

us
    May 2007
    Trinidad, Colorado

Hello Seaview!
    People buy and sell precious metals all the time; no big deal. I would think you could easily sell the platinum and it's up from several years ago. I sold about 5 years ago for in the $600 per troy ounce range. I sure wish I would have kept it.

Good luck!
    GRB

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times

Quote Originally Posted by seaview
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro
    emm.. does those guys needs certificate? it's a treasure.. will the authority take it if they knew it's a treasure?

Thanks mate.
    They will take anything, even scrap from old computers. They'll assay it out and cut you a check from whatever they recover out of what you send them. Silverware, candlesticks, silver coins, raw gold, whatever.

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

There's a chunk (or picture) of your post edited out but if they are legitimate bars produced and stamped then they could have a collectable value way above the value of the metal itself.
    Its a bit like a great artist v an unknown.
    Two and three pound gold and silver bars are now in demand as paper weights for those with more money than sense.

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I thought it was ones that had been found. I normally get two or three offers each year to invest in a search for Japanese 2nd world war loot but the scammers have been quite on that front recently.
    I must dig out the report on Captain Kidds treasure. The island located by satellite, a trip oganised where markers were found but they couldn't afford to stay to recover the loot.
    After advertising in various Treasure Hunting magazines (you could buy a 'share' for $50 or so) they had sufficient money and returned following the clues and symbols to a large rock that the hoard hunter indicated had a large metal target under.
    Did they dig the treasure ? No way. It was only one day before the boat was due to return so they thought rather than expose the hole it would be better to come back at another time. You could reinvest to keep your stake.
    They didn't come up with an treasure but enjoyed the pleasure of meeting the local police.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by U.K. Brian
    There's a chunk (or picture) of your post edited out but if they are legitimate bars produced and stamped then they could have a collectable value way above the value of the metal itself.
    Its a bit like a great artist v an unknown.
    Two and three pound gold and silver bars are now in demand as paper weights for those with more money than sense.
    yeah! i've seen the pictures. It seems that an old platinum bar. Could be from the war long ago.

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
    8 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Can you explain what you mean by platinum bars. Most platinum comes in the same form as gold and silver coins. I'm not familiar with anybody making platinum bars (not of any size anyway). They make Palladium bars?

If they are bars, they will have an assay mark, a serial number, and well as a refiner's mark. That's really all you need.

How much does each bar weigh? Do your bars have those stamps. Can you post a picture. It will help.

About the old US notes. Some old notes are no longer legal tender and only good for collectibles. Can you tell us a little more about those and post a scan. It's hard to give good advice without good information.

Daryl
    The only way to really understand something is to play with it.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BioProfessor
    Can you explain what you mean by platinum bars. Most platinum comes in the same form as gold and silver coins. I'm not familiar with anybody making platinum bars (not of any size anyway). They make Palladium bars?

If they are bars, they will have an assay mark, a serial number, and well as a refiner's mark. That's really all you need.

How much does each bar weigh? Do your bars have those stamps. Can you post a picture. It will help.

About the old US notes. Some old notes are no longer legal tender and only good for collectibles. Can you tell us a little more about those and post a scan. It's hard to give good advice without good information.

Daryl
    I'll discuss with my partners whether we can post the pic or not. Yes, the platinum bars comes with gold bars, coins and old u.s notes. They all have certificates.

If you guys have valueble info or important advice please PM me.

Apr 2007
    Mankato, MN
    Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
    8 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Certificates are no good. The bars have to be assayed by a reputable company and the mark has to be their registered mark associated with the company. There also has to be a serial number. That's why most places and countries sell their bullion in coin form. All the authentication is in the coin itself. With bars, you have nothing to go on. They are really worthless until all the assays are in and the stamps are on. You can sell them to a company that will assay them, send you a copy of the report, and pay for the amount of precious metal in them but that drops the price down.

How do you know they are platinum? How big are the bars.

What do you mean the platinum bars come with gold bars, coins, and old US notes. Were they found together?

What is so unique about the bars that you can't post a picture? One bar is the same as another. We just need to see what you are talking about. If you can't do the picture. Please describe the bar, as well as the bank notes with more detail. Bank notes have a series and are signed by the Secretary of the Treasury. Who signed your notes? What series are they? What color is the seal. With that information, we can give you good advice. Without it, you won't be able to get much good information. We just can't pull the stuff out of the air.

Daryl
    The only way to really understand something is to play with it.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BioProfessor
    Certificates are no good. The bars have to be assayed by a reputable company and the mark has to be their registered mark associated with the company. There also has to be a serial number. That's why most places and countries sell their bullion in coin form. All the authentication is in the coin itself. With bars, you have nothing to go on. They are really worthless until all the assays are in and the stamps are on. You can sell them to a company that will assay them, send you a copy of the report, and pay for the amount of precious metal in them but that drops the price down.

How do you know they are platinum? How big are the bars.

What do you mean the platinum bars come with gold bars, coins, and old US notes. Were they found together?

What is so unique about the bars that you can't post a picture? One bar is the same as another. We just need to see what you are talking about. If you can't do the picture. Please describe the bar, as well as the bank notes with more detail. Bank notes have a series and are signed by the Secretary of the Treasury. Who signed your notes? What series are they? What color is the seal. With that information, we can give you good advice. Without it, you won't be able to get much good information. We just can't pull the stuff out of the air.

Daryl
    Thanks for the info Daryl. I will scan the bars and post the picture here. I will look closer into the bars, coins and us notes. Will post here once i have the details.

Thanks again

us
    Celtic Treasure Hunter

Apr 2005
    Southeastern Ireland
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.
    The only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the sky.

Jun 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Quinn
    You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.
    Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors