Platinum Bars Treasures.

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
Hello Guys,

I saw this forum on the net and decided to join. I need some advice from those who are really experience in this field but of course anyone can share their thoughts. ;)

Picture added.

goldbar002ra6.png

Is it possibe for us to sell this treasure. Is there any club or maybe group that buys platinum bars? I'am not sure what kind is it.

Thanks for reading. Please advice if you have time.

Regards,

Seaview

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Sure. Pretty much anyone will buy it. Refiners, speculators, anyone who deals in metals. Try Kitco or Midwest.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
Jeffro said:
Sure. Pretty much anyone will buy it. Refiners, speculators, anyone who deals in metals. Try Kitco or Midwest.

emm.. does those guys needs certificate? it's a treasure.. will the authority take it if they knew it's a treasure?

Thanks mate.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
I'll discuss with my partner and post some interesting pictures here. He also told me that he has more than 100,000 USD OLD NOTES.

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Seaview!
People buy and sell precious metals all the time; no big deal. I would think you could easily sell the platinum and it's up from several years ago. I sold about 5 years ago for in the $600 per troy ounce range. I sure wish I would have kept it.

Good luck!
GRB

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
seaview said:
Jeffro said:

emm.. does those guys needs certificate? it's a treasure.. will the authority take it if they knew it's a treasure?

Thanks mate.

They will take anything, even scrap from old computers. They'll assay it out and cut you a check from whatever they recover out of what you send them. Silverware, candlesticks, silver coins, raw gold, whatever.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a chunk (or picture) of your post edited out but if they are legitimate bars produced and stamped then they could have a collectable value way above the value of the metal itself.
Its a bit like a great artist v an unknown.
Two and three pound gold and silver bars are now in demand as paper weights for those with more money than sense.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was ones that had been found. I normally get two or three offers each year to invest in a search for Japanese 2nd world war loot but the scammers have been quite on that front recently.
I must dig out the report on Captain Kidds treasure. The island located by satellite, a trip oganised where markers were found but they couldn't afford to stay to recover the loot.
After advertising in various Treasure Hunting magazines (you could buy a 'share' for $50 or so) they had sufficient money and returned following the clues and symbols to a large rock that the hoard hunter indicated had a large metal target under.
Did they dig the treasure ? No way. It was only one day before the boat was due to return so they thought rather than expose the hole it would be better to come back at another time. You could reinvest to keep your stake.
They didn't come up with an treasure but enjoyed the pleasure of meeting the local police.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
U.K. Brian said:
There's a chunk (or picture) of your post edited out but if they are legitimate bars produced and stamped then they could have a collectable value way above the value of the metal itself.
Its a bit like a great artist v an unknown.
Two and three pound gold and silver bars are now in demand as paper weights for those with more money than sense.

yeah! i've seen the pictures. It seems that an old platinum bar. Could be from the war long ago.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Can you explain what you mean by platinum bars. Most platinum comes in the same form as gold and silver coins. I'm not familiar with anybody making platinum bars (not of any size anyway). They make Palladium bars?

If they are bars, they will have an assay mark, a serial number, and well as a refiner's mark. That's really all you need.

How much does each bar weigh? Do your bars have those stamps. Can you post a picture. It will help.

About the old US notes. Some old notes are no longer legal tender and only good for collectibles. Can you tell us a little more about those and post a scan. It's hard to give good advice without good information.

Daryl

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
BioProfessor said:
Can you explain what you mean by platinum bars. Most platinum comes in the same form as gold and silver coins. I'm not familiar with anybody making platinum bars (not of any size anyway). They make Palladium bars?

If they are bars, they will have an assay mark, a serial number, and well as a refiner's mark. That's really all you need.

How much does each bar weigh? Do your bars have those stamps. Can you post a picture. It will help.

About the old US notes. Some old notes are no longer legal tender and only good for collectibles. Can you tell us a little more about those and post a scan. It's hard to give good advice without good information.

Daryl

I'll discuss with my partners whether we can post the pic or not. Yes, the platinum bars comes with gold bars, coins and old u.s notes. They all have certificates.

If you guys have valueble info or important advice please PM me.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Certificates are no good. The bars have to be assayed by a reputable company and the mark has to be their registered mark associated with the company. There also has to be a serial number. That's why most places and countries sell their bullion in coin form. All the authentication is in the coin itself. With bars, you have nothing to go on. They are really worthless until all the assays are in and the stamps are on. You can sell them to a company that will assay them, send you a copy of the report, and pay for the amount of precious metal in them but that drops the price down.

How do you know they are platinum? How big are the bars.

What do you mean the platinum bars come with gold bars, coins, and old US notes. Were they found together?

What is so unique about the bars that you can't post a picture? One bar is the same as another. We just need to see what you are talking about. If you can't do the picture. Please describe the bar, as well as the bank notes with more detail. Bank notes have a series and are signed by the Secretary of the Treasury. Who signed your notes? What series are they? What color is the seal. With that information, we can give you good advice. Without it, you won't be able to get much good information. We just can't pull the stuff out of the air.

Daryl

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
BioProfessor said:
Certificates are no good. The bars have to be assayed by a reputable company and the mark has to be their registered mark associated with the company. There also has to be a serial number. That's why most places and countries sell their bullion in coin form. All the authentication is in the coin itself. With bars, you have nothing to go on. They are really worthless until all the assays are in and the stamps are on. You can sell them to a company that will assay them, send you a copy of the report, and pay for the amount of precious metal in them but that drops the price down.

How do you know they are platinum? How big are the bars.

What do you mean the platinum bars come with gold bars, coins, and old US notes. Were they found together?

What is so unique about the bars that you can't post a picture? One bar is the same as another. We just need to see what you are talking about. If you can't do the picture. Please describe the bar, as well as the bank notes with more detail. Bank notes have a series and are signed by the Secretary of the Treasury. Who signed your notes? What series are they? What color is the seal. With that information, we can give you good advice. Without it, you won't be able to get much good information. We just can't pull the stuff out of the air.

Daryl

Thanks for the info Daryl. I will scan the bars and post the picture here. I will look closer into the bars, coins and us notes. Will post here once i have the details.

Thanks again

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
DJ_Quinn said:
You don't need certificates to sell any precious metal ingots. I sell scrap platinum to a refiner every couple of months. They assay it and then pay you based upon the Pl content and the current spot price.

Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
seaview said:
DJ_Quinn said:

Yeah! Thanks for the info DJ_Quinn. At the moment we have to be very carefull with whom we're dealing with since that it's a valuble platinum bars.

I was inform that they also have gold bars. huh! i Can't believe it! There's some local refiner here but they are more into steal, silver. I'am not sure that they buy gold or platinum.

I received lots of email asking about the platinum bars and ready to buy it. I need more info on how to deal with it without risking my life.

Well, I would say that since you have to be careful, it would be wise to deal with a refiner. They deal with large amounts of gold, silver and platinum group metals on a daily basis. They're not about ruin their reputation on a deal. Try Midwest or Kitco. Both are well known, reputable companies with good standing.

I would steer clear of anyone who offers money through e-mail, especially if they want to meet in person. Never can be too careful out there. :)

OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
Jeffro said:
seaview said:
DJ_Quinn said:

Well, I would say that since you have to be careful, it would be wise to deal with a refiner. They deal with large amounts of gold, silver and platinum group metals on a daily basis. They're not about ruin their reputation on a deal. Try Midwest or Kitco. Both are well known, reputable companies with good standing.

I would steer clear of anyone who offers money through e-mail, especially if they want to meet in person. Never can be too careful out there. :)

Yeah! We never can be too carefull these days. Could you please PM me Midwest website. I would like to deal with them.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Come on guys. I never said you need certificates to sell precious metal. He said that he had a bar of platinum with a certificate. I said a certificate is no good. You need assay marks, serial numbers, or other things struck into the bar itself to be of any benefit. A bar and a piece of paper will get you a cup of coffee at the Salvation Army. Just having a certificate IS NO GOOD.

Back to the bars.

You never said what was on the bars. What marks are there? There should be a company logo as well as purity information, etc on the bar. Like this picture. If not, they will have to be assayed to determine what is it as well as the purity before they can be sold.

What about the bank notes. If you give us the info off one of the bills, we can tell you if they are still valid currency. All banknotes are not the same. Scan one if you can. We are all shooting in the dark here if we don't have the information.

One more thing to mention. There was recently a pretty long thread about what to do with a GIA inscribed diamond. The same thing applies here with a serialized bar of precious metal. Numbers are numbers and there are worldwide records.

Give us more information so we can help. Help you get to the right place and also get it done right.

For my money, it sounds like YOU are either being scammed or set up for one. Give us some information so we can tell you.

Daryl

Attachments

• Platinum.jpg
    Platinum.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,745
OP
OP
S

seaview

Jun 19, 2007
I'am not sure in your country. In our country government will just took it from us and declare it belong to the country but i'am not sure yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread