A Picture of the Car You Wished You Still Had!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having grown up in the 60's I had, as we all did, many cars that I wished I still owned today. I started with a 56 Ford convertible and the got a beautiful 58 black Chevy Impala with three silver racing stripes over the roof. They went when I joined the Army. While in the Army, in 1967, I bought a new 1967 Corvette coupe. Upon my discharge I bought a new Triumph TR-250 convertible and then a few years later bought a 1970 Golden Lime AMX. Wow, those were the days! I am fortunate enough to have purchased a 1968 restored white 1968 Truumph TR-250 last year. But if all those cars I would kill to have that 1967 Marlboro Maroon, with white interior, Corvette coupe sitting in my garage! It was not one of those 427 fire breathing monsters but just a mild 327 300 horse coupe.
What was the one car you wished that you still had and a photo would be great!
Rich

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... either my 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (383 magnum - factory plain) or my 1969 Dodge GTX (383 magnum - I built).

I was just too busy racing and having fun to take pictures ... would have only seen a blurrrrrr anyways.

Wild

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1964 max wedge , o yea I do have one it is out in the shead. Ran it up to 4 or 5 years ago best run 10.08 are 132 mph. 1/4 mile time car can bee seen at www.wildcar-go.itgo.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'd take all those Mopar's!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't got a pic (ex-wife burned the picture book) but I'd give most anything to have my 73' V8-Vega back. Stuffed in a 331 first, then 355 and lastly a 406 small block. It had a full 2x4 tube chassis. Narrowed 9" Ford rearend with 4-link suspension. I put a full fiberglass tilt front end on it with push button hydraulics. Started off with a Muncie Rock-crusher trans with an in-line shifter and ended up with a really built 400 short tail auto. It was painted in white lacquer with a red flip-flop overlay. Back wheels were M-50's with interior tubs with 5lbs of air. The car was completely street legal and I drove it for 3 yrs back and forth to work. And damn was it fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the 406 it really had some torque.

Sold it later to put a roof on my house.... tried to get it back over and over but failed! I sure wish I had it back.......... This thread just ruined my day....THANKS!!!! :BangHead:

Nephilim3883

Greenie
Jan 6, 2016
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
Ground EFX MX200E, Gold Digger Land or Sea Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver (Backup), Cen-Tech Pinpointer (Modified, Backup)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a pic, but this should be close enough:

smallwhite19705ps.jpg

1970 1/2 Ford Falcon, 4 door, white. Had a little more rust than the one in the pic and the paint had oxidized. Bought cheap from my aunt. The thing was a tank. One morning my dad was getting in his truck and accidentally popped into gear, driveway is a hill, so it rolled into the passenger side of the car and tore it up. I didn't have money to put into restoration, so I sold to someone that wanted to give it a shot. If I had the money and time, I would have it fully restored.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a 1964 Sunbeam Tiger ( Ford 260 V8). I was going thru the ' wish I still had...' scenario about 20 years ago and actually bought another 1965 Tiger.
Still have it. Paid $15k now worth over $50k. Just DO It !!!!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
1970 Mustang Grande convertible. Only picture I have left. I got hit by a drunk Christmas Eve 1981. I loved that car. 351 Cleveland, C6, auto transmission, hood scoop with hood locks and rear spoiler.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
attachment.php
This is my old car got it in 83. 66 SS 396 numbers matching. Man I glad I did not sell it. G.I. Digger thanks for your service

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Digger!! '67 Corvette Convertible, Marina Blue, 427 Fire Breather with White Hood Scoop, White Interior, White Soft Top, Blue Removable Hard Top!! 4 Speed!! Would Peg 170 all day long!! It was a BEAST!! God I Miss that Car!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0152.jpg 69 Trans Am one of only 689 Hard tops ever made. It was my first car given to me on my 16th birthday. Hand me down from my father who bought it in Grand Forks ND back in 72. Long story short, We took it to Guam in 75 and it became a rust bucket within a few short years. We brought it back from Guam in 78 and i held on to it untill the mid 90s when finances got the best of me. I parted it out on Hemmings motor news getting a little over 13k for the parts. The rusty hood went for 750 to a guy in NJ the title, cowl with numbers stamped in it, Ram Air 3 engine and rear end went to a guy in Ok who i am sure converted a Firebird using the numbers and title i sold him. This picture was taken back in the 85 when i was loading it up and taking it from Missouri to AZ

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
69 Z/28 I spent 15 years restoring it. 52k original miles. 302 engine, Muncie 4 speed, 12 bolt rear, black & white houndstooth interior, functional cowl induction hood, etc.

Attachments

• my 69 z28.jpg
    my 69 z28.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Digger!! '67 Corvette Convertible, Marina Blue, 427 Fire Breather with White Hood Scoop, White Interior, White Soft Top, Blue Removable Hard Top!! 4 Speed!! Would Peg 170 all day long!! It was a BEAST!! God I Miss that Car!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

You do not see too many with white interior and a fire breather as well! We can both cry in our beer!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first that I wish I still had was a 1929 Model A Ford.
This picture is of a '48 Ford that I had when I met my wife of 54 years. Still have the Wife and wish I had the '48.
Me in 1957 with Dads little Chihuahua.
Marvin

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically it was not "mine"... but was leased and covered for over a year or so by a friend...
Needless to say...
Car rocked.

Benz SL 63 AMG - AKA "The Hammer"... For when you punched it... it was "hammer down".

This is not an actual picture of the car either... the one I had was better than this. heh

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Wild

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first that I wish I still had was a 1929 Model A Ford.
This picture is of a '48 Ford that I had when I met my wife of 54 years. Still have the Wife and wish I had the '48.
Me in 1957 with Dads little Chihuahua.
Marvin

Like them moon disc and gangster walls

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread