ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I have a date for tomorrow. Hopefully it won't end in disaster. I have been dating a woman that is a year younger than I am and she used to love to scuba dive. She is certified and hasn't done it for a very long time. Last week I ordered two new 63cf tanks for her and they came in yesterday. They are full and ready to go. She has most the other gear although I am also ready to buy her a new wet suit. So tomorrow we head to a scuba shop and she gets to see two new beautiful blue tanks with her name on them. She is small and the 80's are too long. I have 13 aluminum 80's. I also have two underwater metal detectors. I am really hoping we will have a blast this summer. Luckily the Tiger Shark and the CZ-21 play well together and we can be close. Wish me luck!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Be calm dude. Just don't make her think that you're trying to buy her love. Relax and have fun with her and let it happen naturally. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't intereested. Good luck...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice - Get her in the gym, work her out a bit and give her your 80's. Then you can go get the steel 130's!!!!! I can't dive with the 80's anymore, just too short of a dive!!!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck! :love4:

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck on your date. Finding someone with the same hobby as yours is a great start.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Be calm dude. Just don't make her think that you're trying to buy her love. Relax and have fun with her and let it happen naturally. She wouldn't be there if she wasn't intereested. Good luck...

No problem with being calm. We have been dating for over two years off and on. We have talked about this plenty of times. I just know she couldn't handle my tanks and I want to make the experience very pleasant for her when we dive together.

A little about me. I am 59 and a widower. She is 58 and a widow. We both are disabled. Boating and diving are about the only fun I have left. I can swing a detector for about an hour or two on land but that is all before I have to give up. I can play with one underwater for a long time.

TheRingFinder, She is 5' tall. She is way too short to handle an 80. LOL the gym can't stretch her out!! And NO way could I handle a steel 130. Not with my disability. I can stay under for 3 hours on an 80. I have 13 of them and that will last me a few dives.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Good Luck Scuba - Hope all works out for ya!!

Have you thought about a hookah system? I figure when I get up in age a bit - I'll probably go to the hookah for ease.........:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well Good Luck Scuba - Hope all works out for ya!!

Have you thought about a hookah system? I figure when I get up in age a bit - I'll probably go to the hookah for ease.........:thumbsup:

Yep. Used to have one. Sold it after one dive. It was a gas one though. I would buy an electric one for each of my boats and have deep cell batteries hooked up to the charging system. Hopefully I won't have to go that route for a few more years.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well it worked out great. I had absolutely no idea all her equipment was from the mid 70's. She even had a horse collar BC with no hose inflation to the tank. Now she needs a BC and a regulator and we are good to go. Had a great dinner and conversation also. Come on summer!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a couple of years ahead of ya..... but I wish you both the best. I wish you two were closer so we could explore this cave of mine more!!!! You two are just the kind of folks I need....! :occasion14:

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certified women you say, That's smart this day and age..good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread