Ready to Order!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all your help I decided to order a new beach detector. I narrowed my search down to the Tesoro Sand Shark or the Garrett Seahunter Mark II. If I am reading correctly they both will go deep and find everything in a salt water beach environment. But, I also read that the Seahunter will be able to discriminate trash so as not to dig up the entire beach for a bobby pin. If this is true why would I choose the Sand Shark over the Seahunter, besides the warranty?
Rich

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would save the aggravation and get an Excal. A Pi is ok for backup or very rare beach situations but neither had any real form of disc. When you dial up the sea Hunter to knock out bobby pins you just lost a huge portion of any gold you might have been able to find. The dual field will do the same thing but you defeat the purpose of why we hunt the beach to start with.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a PI when you dial in discrimination you start losing depth, fast, which is the main point in using one on the beach. The Sea Hunter MKII does have a huge plus of being able to switch out coils and headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread