My Apologies

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still here, I haven't forgotten ya'll. I spent all my free time the past 2 weeks with my ailing 4 legged friend "Skeeter", loving on him. We knew his days were numbered. He lived to be 17 years old. He became blind and darn near deaf. Friday night he had a very hard time moving his right front leg. We already had an appointment made at the vet for 11 AM Saturday (yesterday). I still have tears flowing, but we know we did what was best for our beloved family member. The house is quiet even though we have 2 parrots and 2 other dogs.

Here's to Skeeter :occasion14: remembering the good times.

Yes even a retired lifer can shed tears.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
loco....feel your pain...hard times for sure..been there.best to you

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though the decision to put him down was hard for y'all he is no longer in pain.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Loco, feel your pain. Our 13 year old Brittany was given months to live, with cancer.........over a year ago. We just lost him 2 months ago. We knew it was coming, but damn it's hard! His name was Cooper, not mine

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel your loss, sorry for your great loss. Same here happened 6 weeks ago and still have a tear sometimes, his name was Patch. We love them so much, they're with us 24/7, always happy to see us, no judging and loyal as few can be. No wonder we get so attached to our furry friends and always be (excuse my english). Like you said, we have another dog (found him he is treat) and 2 cats, but still, the house is too quiet. I'll have one on Skeeter :occasion14: and Patch.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man. I feel your pain. I had to euthanize my cat last year and cried like a school girl. They become part of the family. Just be greatful of the time you had with Skeeter.
All the best...
Peace

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry, Loco.

I never had children so my dogs are my children. I am so fearful of the day I have to say good-bye. Cherish the memories and know that Skeeter is walking beside you when you're out on a hunt.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry loco,remember the time you had with Skeeter
and that will give you a smile, even through the tears

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco... I am very sorry for your loss...

The old saying "a dog is a mans best friend"... is a real truth.

ARC.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup...when we open our hearts to a pet, for such a long time, it really hurts when it's time....

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain my friend. We have been there several times. I'm sure he had a great life and now he's resting. Go save another one. That has been the best medicine for us. "If only people could be more like dogs"

HH, Relic Nut

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very sorry for the loss LD. We had to have my best friend ever put down a couple years ago and I still miss him. They leave a mark on our life that can't be matched by anything else.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww man that's the tough part of pet ownership. They are family, sorry for your loss. I believe the Rainbow Bridge still has Monday candle ceremonies.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang it Loco. Not good to hear.
An old beagle I ran with, shared a home with many years ago I named Skeeter too.

We've had two of our best of another breed head out the past month.
One the vet put down, my boy....
The other my girlfriends velcro baby that produced multiple litters including numerous champions.

With age the routines and expected sights,sounds and confirmation of bonds with pets when ended, seems harder to put behind us.
Worth having had the brief time with them though and we keep the memories..

Consider how your buddy would have you be feeling.
(He might probably would wonder why you'd be apologizing to us lousy diggers?)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peace! Lost my dog last year he was 14. It upsets me even now. I bet your dog knew he was loved !:hello:

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Loco Digger,
So sorry to hear about your loss. Last December we had to put our beloved Monty down. He lived to be 15 years old which is 8 years more than they gave him to begin with. When Monty was young we found out that he had epilepsy and they told us the medication to control it would significantly decrease his life expectancy. At age 9 Monty was still going strong and even had a Knee replacement... That's right the dog had a titanium knee. Anyhow even though its difficult now as time goes on you will find solace in the memory of your pup and the knowledge that you provided him with a loving home.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco.... So sorry for ya buddy. Hard to get over I know. My wife and I have had to put down 3 dogs within the past year. They were all beloved pets and loyal as hell. And the worse is coming soon for me. We have a black lab who is my "best friend". Where I go she goes.... to the store, caving, woods, workshop or the bathroom she's right there with me. She's struggling hard and breaking down physically.

Listen.... I know you did you best and gave your dog the best and all your love also.... I COMPLETELY understand your lose. Move on, find a new dog friend and pour your heart and sole into it in memory.

I feel for ya buddy.... Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread