Treasure hunting computer games??? Heart Of Africa

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I used to love one that was for the PC (Dos Version) called "Sea Rogue". It was a game that you started out with an old rust bucket of a salvage ship and you went around finding shipwrecks. You were in a race with the "villian" of the game....every game has to have a villian. I think you used a shipboard metal detector to find the wreck and then sent divers down to it to recover gold and silver and cannons. When you found the ships bell you would research the vessel at the library to find the name of the ship then when you did identify it it would give you a brief history of the wreck. A rather cool game for its time and I have never found another one like it since.

Funkman

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I actually like alot of the old games better than I do alot of the new ones. Just something about the simplicity of some games.
Shame a company doesn't make all of those old school games for the systems we have now.

My parents still have our old Commadore64 and all of the games. Last time I checked it still worked. Might make a trip this weekend to see if it still works and then see if I can bring it home to where I can play it.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay...I'm going to age myself here. I still have my Commadore 64 with the tape drive and disk drive. It worked perfectly last time I tried it. I remember waiting what felt like an hour for a game to load up on the tape drive. The tapes were regular cassette tapes. Here is the kicker. I still have my original Vic 20 that I owned prior to the Commadore 64. Everything is in their original boxes and stored in my attic with all the games.

Yes, I'm a little bit of a pack rat but I'm getting better.

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
NJther,
I am pretty sure we still have our old Vic 20 as well, but I have no clue where it is. I went ahead and took a road trip yesterday morning. I picked up the Commadore 64 and the games. I played Heart of Africa yesterday and last night. Kids nowdays would be smoking mad waiting for the game to load as well as the game play. I know I was a bit frustrated with some things as well. The joystick is the worst! I forgot how much a pain those old style joysticks are.
Still it's cool to play for a little while.

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Hmm lets see theres Treasure Fieldshttp://www.terrybullard.com/MainDetect.html
That is a fun game to play if the weathers bad and you can't detect. I just wish they had a version that used whites metal detectors
Then there is Everblue 2 for the Playstation 2. I had lots of fun with this scuba game. There are different wrecks to explore and
lots of treasure to take. Almost anything that is not bolted down ;D
e_screen004_image.jpg
e_screen014_image.jpg
e_screen019_image.jpg
everblue2_screen007_image.jpg
everblue2_screen008_image.jpg
everblue_screen010_image.jpg
Those are the only treasure hunting games I have tried and I enjoy them both. HH,
Donny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread