SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I saw one of the detecting TV shows at the site. I expect it has been hit pretty hard.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw that episode, it was at the scene of one of their shootouts where Blanche Barrow was captured, not at the death site.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know some guys that hunted there, they only found some modern shell casings

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bruce R!! I know the region well, close to my old home, on the Athens to Jamestown road. Area has changed with a country road and area opened up. The old Methvin Place near by!! Unfortunately do not know of anyone who has hunted the region!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
32°26'28"N 93°5'33"W

I don't know how approximate as I'm sure the roads were very narrow & maybe Gravel

But I found this on Google

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

http://texashideout.tripod.com/Gibsland2.html

6.jpg

http://texashideout.tripod.com/Gibsland.html

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Clyde must have buried all the loot before the ambush. Either that or the posse searched the corpses
before media was notified. There just has to be a cache somewhere if there were outlaws driving all
over the countryside robbing banks and gas stations. Wouldn't you think? I've had relatives who swore
Bonnie and Clyde whizzed by on two wheels being chased by lawmen and cotton farmers.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess it's "who's to say ?" As to whether or not that marker was moved periodically as the road was widened.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's "who's to say ?" As to whether or not that marker was moved periodically as the road was widened.

One Interesting note could mean Dropped items from the Bonnie & Clyde's Killers too :

The secluded hideout was located southwest of Mount Lebanon. The posse team was expecting Bonnie and Clyde to show up there in search of Henry. They selected a spot in the brush just off of the road leading up to it. They were able to see any approaching cars from their vantage point, yet remain hidden from view. Ivy Methvin, Henry's father, was traveling on that road in his old Model A Ford truck when he was stopped by the lawmen standing in the middle of the road. They took him into the woods and handcuffed him to a tree and proceeded to remove one of the truck's wheels so that it would appear to have broken down at that spot. The trap now set, they took their positions in the thick underbrush. By dawn, after having spent the night in the woods, dirty, tired and tormented by the ferocious insects and no sight of the desperados, they were ready to head back to their motel rooms for a hot meal and a bath. However, they agreed to wait it out another thirty minutes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bonnie & Clyde

Bullets went through the car, are they still there,or paved over? How about the shell casings from the ambushers on the other side of the road?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread