Roman site infomation

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ive recently acquired some permission to metal detect on a roman site in England. can anyone please give me some advice on this matter like ive heard some roman coins are ferrous metals aswell and what sort of ID readings do they give. its on untouched pasture land so what sort of depths am i looking at on average. i know its a tough question but im after as much info as i can get please. thanks

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh, the only advice that this old boy can give you is to probably dig everything. If you know it's a Roman site, why miss a thing?:dontknow:

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uh, the only advice that this old boy can give you is to probably dig everything. If you know it's a Roman site, why miss a thing?:dontknow:

Hi Austin ive been this morning and tried a small area its got lots of iron everywhere and theres signals every five inches apart at the most. i know what the iron IDs at and was just wondering what ferrous roman coins could ID as. I would have dug every signal over the corse of a year but ive only got a short space of time on this permission so i dont want to destroy the area.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Austin ive been this morning and tried a small area its got lots of iron everywhere and theres signals every five inches apart at the most. i know what the iron IDs at and was just wondering what ferrous roman coins could ID as. I would have dug every signal over the corse of a year but ive only got a short space of time on this permission so i dont want to destroy the area.
Well sod Crusader :laughing7: because I am less than 20 miles from you, I will show you all you need to know.:thumbsup:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread