Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Dont be That Guy; protect what is yours

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6652 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dr. Syn is right, if they want it, they will get it. Your goal is to make it more difficult for them, as the more time spent on a burglary, the more chance of getting caught. Another thing, keep in mind the old sayin, '3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead'. In other words, don't be broadcasting for all the world to hear all the cool things you got at home. I have seen pics posted on social media of folks valuable possessions, then they turn around and post exactly when they'll be leaving on vacation. With minute to minute updates of their location. I don't have much worth anything here at the house, but I'm proud of what I do have, and you will never see any info on social media from me until AFTER I have returned from some trip out of town.
    chirper97 likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Charter Member
    us
    Martiobarbuli

May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1744 times
    Back in college my basement door was kicked in while I was gone for the weekend and they stole 142 bucks worth of good booze, some DVDs and vandalized various things in the house but thankfully they ignored the 8-10k in coins and silver I had sitting open on a shelf, including grandpa's 1955 ddo cent. Definitely learned the lesson and keep the good stuff well hidden now. The coins too...

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2927 times
    Many treasure hunters, and coin collectors keep their coins and jewel not in safes, but else where. The best place for these items is in Bank safety boxes. The problems with safes is no matter how much they cost. If the crooks put a gun to your head, you have no choice but to open the safes. Great ideas with alarms and cameras. Good luck and good hunting.
    RGINN likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2005
    south charleston, wv
    White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker ADS
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    Many treasure hunters, and coin collectors keep their coins and jewel not in safes, but else where. The best place for these items is in Bank safety boxes. The problems with safes is no matter how much they cost. If the crooks put a gun to your head, you have no choice but to open the safes. Great ideas with alarms and cameras. Good luck and good hunting.
    But even banks have their own issues...... Greeks Can?t Tap Cash, Gold, Silver In Bank Safety Deposit Boxes
    The alchemists in their search for gold discovered many other things of greater value.
    Ex animo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links