Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, did you forget to list your LC I see in the pic?

ETA - Nice group of silver. That Barber is sweet.

The LC and eagle button were in yesterday's "Bramble" post, so I didn't want to list them again... but they were already in the group shot, and I was way too lazy to re-take that picture! not an oversight, just laziness!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow

Nice batch of stuff Tom. I was hoping we'd cross paths but apparently we didn't.

I didn't return for Sunday. I agree with everything you stated above. I would have loved to joined you guys outside of the hunt

HH Jer

You would have been welcome to go with us, once the "train" started moving, it picked up speed quickly, and we were off on a grand adventure!

Be careful what you ask for... Pittsburgh might be a stop on the next adventure! And I have seen all of the good stuff you get from your parks.

Last edited:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Lol you can come up any time Tom.

We'll at least find something if you do

Take care keep up the good work

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DIPA

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a DIPA weekend?
Are these planted hunts or is everything found fresh?
Is there a website associated with these?
Does one have to be invited?
Thanks
Just curious.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are these planted hunts or is everything found fresh?

Yes, both or all three

Thanks for the quick response, if I can elaborate a bit:
What is the website address?
Thank You

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs Tom. Looks like you scored a pouch full of keepers during your trip North. I also agree DIPA was a first class hunt, very well organized, and the meet and greet was out of this world. Our Sunday excursion was one for the books. It was an outstanding weekend and I will cherish the memories forever. Looking forward to swinging the coil with ya'll in the future.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DIPA is "Digging In Pa."

Last weekend 150 people were invited to pay $150 to hunt a historic property in Philadelphia. Proceeds went to the historical society. Former TNet member, Vino, hosted the event. It was not a seeded hunt and you needed to be invited through Facebook.

All of what you see in this post was from the local parks, schools and yards. As eluded to earlier, I am not much of a corn field relic hunter.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs Tom. Looks like you scored a pouch full of keepers during your trip North. I also agree DIPA was a first class hunt, very well organized, and the meet and greet was out of this world. Our Sunday excursion was one for the books. It was an outstanding weekend and I will cherish the memories forever. Looking forward to swinging the coil with ya'll in the future.

Thanks LD. We had fun scouring the local area. The Sunday hunt was one I will never forget. It was tough, but man o man, what a spot to hunt!

It was great getting to finally meet you. You are always welcome at my home buddy!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom first off let me say that is a nice Assortment of relics you found. Seems like a good trip. Second- Brad I've never taken a side in this whole Vino deal. My personal opinion is he was wrong ..very wrong for whatever the reason and I believe that he has paid the price and very publicly. But I also feel that he has helped others by sharing his properties to hunt with several people on here when he really didn't have to do so. Any many great finds Were made by you and others that would Never be in display cases sitting in your house. We ALL have made mistakes in life ( maybe not so publicly) but we have to answer for those ourselves. But I never saw one person bash George as they stood in long lines to kiss his butt to be able to hunt with him. Now with that said I wonder why after reading your post you choose to call him out in this forum and didn't walk right up to him and say what you just did. Personally I think I know the reason but I'll leave it at that.
Again CT great digs

Dirt stalker whoever you are? There is so much more to the story you could never even know. Personally what ever you think are the reasons to why I didn't take this to his face is assumptions on your part. The real reason is that he physically threaten me in the past and for my own reasons I don't want to put myself in that kind of confrontation. The other reason was I was hoping George would see this and realize how crazy he has become.
I don't understand why you would even think you know what is going on, I don't even know your name?
Your making assumptions, we all know what that means.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtstalker, please follow TN rules, your pm you sent treblehunter violates our rules.........."Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."...

All, please follow our rules so mods do not have to take action....

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is for All Respondents To these Posts.
If your here to attack & Cause Trouble.
Expect us to End your Membership Here .
Though these Posts are too Late to Qualify for Today's Finds.
The posters Still have a Right to Share their Finds & stories Attack Free !

What happened a Few Weeks ago here has Been Dealt with .
We don't want or Need the reminders and opinions.

Last edited:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is for All Respondents To these Posts.
If your here to attack & Cause Trouble.
Expect us to End your Membership Here .
Though these Posts are too Late to Qualify for Today's Finds.
The posters Still have a Right to Share their Finds & stories Attack Free !

What happened a Few Weeks ago here has Been Dealt with .
We don't want or Need the reminders and opinions.

I wish that were the case. I think any post that is slanderous or defamatory needs to be removed immediately the the moderators. How is someone allowed to state that they were physically threatened (hearsay) by someone who is no longer even a member of this site? It's old news yet the moderators allow it to continue.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beez, it wasn't an attack against a member, Vino is no longer a member here.

Per TN rules please address any issue with how site is moderated via PM with mod, not in the open forum...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Shot Wheetie Tom !

Shooter needed a better aim though.
Didn't hit center.
looks like he missed Lincoln , and hit the date :tongue3:

Last edited:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great weekend Tom! You guys always amaze me with the amount of silver you consistently pull and that bracelet is really nice. :thumbsup: That lock is killer as well... and the iron buckle!

I used to hate finding those iron buckles because they're a real pain to do electrolysis on since the tine doesn't make contact with the frame, so its a two part process... not to mention, they're not worth it to preserve... so mine would just get tossed into the iron junk pile. I got the small Harbor Freight rock tumbler about a year ago, and now I don't mind digging those iron buckles one bit... I actually enjoy them now. I just toss them in the tumbler with some gravel and usually a bunch of square nails and a day later they come out looking like this. I've tumbled dozens now and some actually come out with a design on them. I only tumble iron, but its allowed me to preserve all the small iron that I would ignore in the past... so if you ever get bored, pick up one of those tumblers. ha

IMG_20160423_052408.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread