house in 1830

caddigger

Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i am new to MD. me and my friend got the idea while learning the history of her house. her house was built in 1830 and has been through everything you can think of. it has had north civial war genrals stay there. the under ground rail road actually ran through her house there is a tunnle that you can get to thats in her basement. in the early 1900's it was a doctors office and a farm house. there is also a school house on the property that she owns that was used in the late 1800's. as far as we know it has never been MD because they have owned it since the 50's and no one in there family MD. so unless the people who owned it before them did it should be un touched!!!! i know to look around big old tress and near places people would hang out on the property but i was wondering if anyone had some good tips because like i said i am new to MD. anything would help out

davemihm

Feb 1, 2015
Mcminnville or
Detector(s) used
Whites xl Pro 6000 , MX Sport. Coin Master pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes .....Don't do a thing ,,,,, you better let me do it.....all kidding aside I'm also new to MD , (about 1 1/2 years) but I have been very fortunate in my finds. (I FOUND A 1850 SWORD BELT PLATE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO HERE IN OREGON OF ALL PLACES)In my short time detecting The one thing that I can honestly tell you that the more I do it the better I get at it , I learn what sounds and signals my machine is telling me and dig nearly all signals and add that experience to my knowledge base. I envy you , I'm confident you will be hooked , It is so exciting to unearth and handle items that haven't been handled for years and years. I wish I lived closer to where you live and share in your experiences.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a metal detecting subforum here: Metal Detecting
There are tons of videos on YouTube to help the newbie detectorist.
Sounds like an awesome place! Good luck!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, sounds like a nice site to swing the coil. Do you have a metal detector? What's the acreage?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most targets, good and bad, will be close to the house, and it's just a numbers game to find something good.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. Hope you find some outhouse pits or trash dumps! Some of the old bottles are amazing! I would spend lots and lots of time around the school and the house with the detector. Have fun, can't wait to see what you find! The excitement of the hunt is the best!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Divide it into sections big enough that one section will take you an outing. Then each time you do a section grid it North to South, then East to West.

OP
OP
C

caddigger

Apr 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i just got one online! I'm super excited! they use to have like 10 acres but they sold 7 of them and the town ship built a park thats right behind there house now

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Go slow. Listen carefully...then dig everything. Some of my best finds were terrible signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread