OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gold, no I did not, I drove to the end of town,and a few blocks off the main road. I did not see any people walking anywhere. A truck follwed me for a few blocks. So quiet it was erie, like a Twilight Zone episode. On the way out I followed a old dirt road called Old Chrolide for a ways. I stopped to drain my lizard,and noticed black hose"s winding through the desert underbrush and a green watermain type box,middle of no-where. In the distance was a very old house, with a old green travelwagon, overgrown trees,a old watertank and a few outbuildings,with their doors all open,through my binoculars.No people,no dogs,just quietness.I turned around and left,I wont go back.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you were disappointed M6.5. Back in the 1960s and early 1970s, I loved going up to Chloride. There were herds of wild mules and burros decended from the runaways at the old Chloride Silver Mine that would eat apples out of your hand. As a little kid that was awesome. Chloride Arizona - History

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a week in Chloride last year, had a great time and met many interesting folks/characters.
Saw the glyphs, the rock house, many abandoned mines, did a little prospecting, turned down an offhand request to settle down there and run for Sheriff/Mayor..........

chlor3.jpg chlor.jpg chlor1.jpg

Really it's more of a ghost town than a tourist destination but even the ghosts have lots to say as well as the old timers/locals if you take the time and effort to seek them out. Some can usually be found at Yesterdays Restaurant or the general store. Strangers will definitely be greeted with a wary eye by the locals but once you break the ice, stories and local history are soon to follow.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GG, thanks for the feedback, do you happen to know what the old stone structure is on the right side of the road on a hill is as you approach Chorlide...if you see this post thanks in advance for your imput.6.5

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GG, thanks for the feedback, do you happen to know what the old stone structure is on the right side of the road on a hill is as you approach Chorlide...if you see this post thanks in advance for your imput.6.5

I was in Chorlide about 15 years ago, coldest Coors Light I have ever drank in my life

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread