How do I find Sanborn Fire Maps and ---

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First check to see if your county or state historical libraries have them online. Some are available to library card holders for that particular area. Used to be that some folks who had access online would share pass codes but you don't find that any more.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Not hard at all to do an online search. I found several online sources for my area. Be aware, however, that Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps were not made for every community.

Trintster

Feb 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also looking for access to sanborn maps for Memphis TN. I used to be able to view them online and now the password and user name doesn't work..

Jangers

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
TreasurePRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local library has Sanborn maps of the area on film. I just head there and scroll through till I find what I'm looking for. Then I can send digital copies straight to my email and have them on my phone and iPad. It's nice because with the digital projectors you can zoom in and out and get digital of exactly what you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread