Just Blocked Fisher Labs on Facebook... I dont need "downblouse" photos showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Folks; I think that Skippy fell into a faux pas here. On page 5 of this thread he posted a picture of Elijah Woods with the caption: "They just rapped me." I doubt Skippy knows this but Elijah Woods is GAY. He "came out" on National TV when being interviewed about his movie. I guess he'd enjoy being rapped.!!! :tongue3: :laughing7: You decide.!!! PEACE:RONB
So far, I think this was the most offensive thing posted in this thread.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Doubter; First Oddjob posted this :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Oddjob She is dressed how she feels most comfortable for MDing in that environment; so whats the issue.

If she was to be rapped right there on the spot would it be her fault?

Then someone posted: "rapped"?? How does she get to be "rapped"?? Oh well, never mind
dontknow.gif

Then Skippy posted the picture of Elijah Woods withb the caption "They rapped me" on page 5.

My point is that they were not talking about being "rapped". They were talking about being "raped". I did not post the picture. Skippy did. I found it in very poor taste unless he was just not "with it" when he viewed OddJob's post. I find nothing funny abut rape. Also GIB unless you missed it, they were not talking about rapped music either ok. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in SoCal and that pic is positively chaste compared to what we see here on the beach or at the malls.
It's ok to look just don't look back.. Lol!
BTW don't even watch the Carl's Jr's commercials if that was offensive!
Speaking of Woodstock, I would love to detect that farm for the silver coins and trinkets.

It's been almost 47 years since the original, so there is probably not much left except some rusted roach clips, rotted doobies, LSD wrappers, (not going to list these ::)) and lots of memories!

Frank

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nitric; I understand your point. Thanks. I just wanted to clarify my post ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Skippy sounds like a good family guy with strict moral values. He has my respect and I'm sure from most of us as well.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I believe Skippy is a stand up guy with good moral values. That's why I used the term "faux pas". PEACE:RONB

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad I just go by my first name.:angel12:

Your first name is GA?

I suppose- it makes sense in a way. You got MA and PA and baby GA...

Back to the basics- Cool~

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I get what your saying in a way.

added....
Actually! No I don't see what the big deal is at all! I just went and looked. Do you mean the girl with a white top on the first page? If you do? That is nothing! I see more than that at work or in public!:laughing7: If that's the picture? No offense, but are you Joking?

Here's the link....If this will in anyway offend someone do not click the link below! There is nothing bad about it (opinion). If this is the picture the OP is referring to. And sry op if your referring to something else. :thumbsup: When I read the thread(hey I made a rhyme) I was thinking something, like I might get into trouble over for looking!:laughing7: That's just blouse, not down blouse!:laughing7:
https://www.facebook.com/FisherResearchLabs

I do completely agree about facebook being nonsense though! I never go there at all. I had to for this thread......Well? ....Because I wanted to see? You know? Just had to! :laughing7:

Joking aside..
I also agree with you on most of what you said. I guess I just didn't see a all that horrible picture when I went to the page. Not compared to anything else we see everyday. If I would have seen that while flipping through, it wouldn't have even caught my attention. Maybe, because we are so use to it now. :dontknow: Heck when it gets hot around here? They barely have any clothes on, just some threads with pockets, for shorts, and strings for tops!

Look's Good to me ..
Not an "R" rated pic, IMO , Just a Beautiful Woman showing her finds .
If the Wife Got Offended Sorry, I get sick of her drooling over Roman Reigns (the Wrestler ) , The guy who play's 'Thor' & the Captain America Actor; She is not much into Mr .Cruze . or Brad Pit anymore & while this hurt my fragile Self Esteem when I was 17-25 , I could care less now.

As said "if you don't like it don't look at it ", it's my opinion but this was hardly worth blocking F Labs .
but
If it's not cool with the OP , that's cool with me.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That picture isn't even PG13. Its a woman metal detecting. If you can't take that you would hate detecting on the beach.

What I choose to allow into my digital life is different than yours, too. I get that. I felt it was NOT appropriate to have involuntarily received pictures of what I personally consider immodesty on MY Facebook wall.

You actually voluntarily received the pictures. I don't get your logic at all.

Here is how facebook pages work:

Skippy likes/follows Fisher's facebook page
Fisher or another party posts on Fisher's facebook wall
Those posts show on Skippy's wall - Thus you agreed to allow those pictures on your wall.

So... people have to be having SEX on your photo threads to remove them? That was it for me.

This is quite a stretch. A woman metal detecting to sex? How many books have you burned or tried to ban at schools?

I posted my opinion on the matter, and promptly unfollowed, then blocked the site completely.

That F44 I was toying with as a replacement for my son's ACE350... nope.

Fine... If people want to post those photos, by all means, I FULLY support their right to do so. But that does NOT mean I have to support them.

This is quite a reaction to a woman metal detecting. I guess its the norm with society now. Someone does or says something you dont like and you think they should be shunned for life, fired from their jobs, lives ruined, companies destroyed, etc.

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Doubter; First Oddjob posted this :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Oddjob She is dressed how she feels most comfortable for MDing in that environment; so whats the issue.

If she was to be rapped right there on the spot would it be her fault?

Then someone posted: "rapped"?? How does she get to be "rapped"?? Oh well, never mind
dontknow.gif

Then Skippy posted the picture of Elijah Woods withb the caption "They rapped me" on page 5.

My point is that they were not talking about being "rapped". They were talking about being "raped". I did not post the picture. Skippy did. I found it in very poor taste unless he was just not "with it" when he viewed OddJob's post. I find nothing funny abut rape. Also GIB unless you missed it, they were not talking about rapped music either ok. PEACE:RONB
I know the word "rapped" was misspelled. I know what it was supposed to be. So the the fact that you guessed Elijah Woods would enjoy being "rapped" was in poor taste in my opinion.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barker... you keep adding to this post and your close to where Skippy is with some of your comments... probably best to move on...

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Master jedi; your right. I can't figure out how this Thread has gone to 11 Pages and gotten 464 Likes to begin with. Now I'm seeing it turn on me. Doubter, If you can't figure out why I said what I said then that is on you. I DID NOT POST IT.!!! I found it offensive and said so in a polite manner. In no way did I demean you in any manner either. I simply tried to clarify the situation for you. I don't find that in poor taste at all. I'm done with this Thread. BYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread