Just Blocked Fisher Labs on Facebook... I dont need "downblouse" photos showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was not offended by the photo in the least, but I certainly see your point. IMO you took the correct course of action and blocked their page.

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK All...

I see a lot of responses here based on the fact that I somehow *tongue in cheek* believe I am being scarred for life by seeing the photo of Elena on Fisher Labs page. That's not what this is about. It's about receiving Wall updates of photos that are questionable in their purpose, and modesty.

Simply put... my standards of what is "appropriate" are different from many of yours. I get that. What I choose to allow into my digital life is different than yours, too. I get that.

I felt it was NOT appropriate to have involuntarily received pictures of what I personally consider immodesty on MY Facebook wall. There was no purpose to it, and if you look at the comments section of the pictures, I'm clearly not alone in that opinion. I had thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of the "finds," before that. But when "Fisher Labs" name is slathered all over the photo, and it was showing up on my wall in a way that I was uncomfortable with... I expressed myself to the company. I also expressed myself here. When they failed to take action to keep immodest photos off my FB wall, I dropped them, blocked them, and am choosing to not buy their products. The same way I've never eaten at Carl's Jr. since the commercial with Paris Hilton. Or the resturaunts where I got bad service... or Target when they failed to protect my credit card #'s... I vote with my billfold, and am ok sharing that with folks.

There is NO ulterior motive to this thread. I'm not trying to get you to stop buying Fisher Labs. I simply had a rant... I posted it... and now I'm getting all kinds of fun replies. Some of them CLEARLY have motives of their own.

This'll probably be the last serious post I make here. I need to get back to looking at Today's finds... which is what I wanted to do all along!

:)

Last edited:

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say Skippy - anything goes now-a-days except for morals & values. They will attack you to no end, call you and anyone else names, then they say they are tolerant. It's a mixed up crazy world. I've been changed by it also, I admit - It's a tough thing to fight, though I totally respect you and your opinion on the subject.

i take it that you didn't look at the picture because there was nothing exposed or revealing about it. anyone can go walk outside in public and see more than that one picture. this was seriously the weakest and most bizarre rant i've ever seen on the internet, and that says a lot.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anybody must lead a really cloistered life to be offended by the Elena pic!! Here in N.Y. State it is legal for women to bare their breasts completely anyplace a man can. There are often bare breasted women at the beach, nobody cries or whines about it. There are women in Times Square, the "crossroads of the world" who legally walk around wearing no tops at all, and skimpy bikini bottoms.There are legal nude beaches in some states, who cares? Let folks do what they like, all children have seen breasts, and hopefully most have fed on breast milk directly from the source. The human body should not be a cause of shame or ridicule and as others have stated there are many women who walk around wearing much more revealing clothes than Elena in that photo. If it wasn't for women with their breasts none of us would exist, and I see no adverse effects on the public by women who choose to reveal their womanhood.

Guess I lead a cloistered life. No, I know what it is, I just prefer not to look at it. Don't go to the beach in the summer because of it. Times Square, strip clubs, French Quarter, etc. are all off of my places I want to visit. Job 31:1

A REAL woman doesn't need to expose herself to prove she's a woman. She does it every day by her behavior.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I lead a cloistered life. No, I know what it is, I just prefer not to look at it. Don't go to the beach in the summer because of it. Times Square, strip clubs, French Quarter, etc. are all off of my places I want to visit. Job 31:1

A REAL woman doesn't need to expose herself to prove she's a woman. She does it every day by her behavior.

Hmmm... are you following me ?

:P

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, regardless of which side of this discussion you are on one thing is for sure, Fisher's FB is getting lots of hits right now and that young lady is getting a bunch of new "Friend" requests!!

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm maybe we shiuld inspect this photo ur talking about hahahahaha :D

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmmmm maybe we shiuld inspect this photo ur talking about hahahahaha :D

You made me laugh! *Cracks up*

Funny thing is, even though I blocked the site, I KNEW by posting about it, I was driving traffic there. LOL

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm... are you following me ?

:P

Oh my gosh... It only took me three views before I got the joke. When it happened I snorted..> SO glad I'd just swallowed that soda that was in my mouth...

LOL

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hum.... I see more exposed skin standing in line at the grocery store or the church picnic at the beach.

Different tolerance levels I suppose.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK All...

I see a lot of responses here based on the fact that I somehow *tongue in cheek* believe I am being scarred for life by seeing the photo of Elena on Fisher Labs page. That's not what this is about. It's about receiving Wall updates of photos that are questionable in their purpose, and modesty.

Simply put... my standards of what is "appropriate" are different from many of yours. I get that. What I choose to allow into my digital life is different than yours, too. I get that.

I felt it was NOT appropriate to have involuntarily received pictures of what I personally consider immodesty on MY Facebook wall. There was no purpose to it, and if you look at the comments section of the pictures, I'm clearly not alone in that opinion. I had thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of the "finds," before that. But when "Fisher Labs" name is slathered all over the photo, and it was showing up on my wall in a way that I was uncomfortable with... I expressed myself to the company. I also expressed myself here. When they failed to take action to keep immodest photos off my FB wall, I dropped them, blocked them, and am choosing to not buy their products. The same way I've never eaten at Carl's Jr. since the commercial with Paris Hilton. Or the resturaunts where I got bad service... or Target when they failed to protect my credit card #'s... I vote with my billfold, and am ok sharing that with folks.

There is NO ulterior motive to this thread. I'm not trying to get you to stop buying Fisher Labs. I simply had a rant... I posted it... and now I'm getting all kinds of fun replies. Some of them CLEARLY have motives of their own.

This'll probably be the last serious post I make here. I need to get back to looking at Today's finds... which is what I wanted to do all along!

:)

Ok, I think I understand...You go there for the finds. And the picture has nothing to do with finds? It's more of a sex appeal and "placed" picture? Maybe?
Advertising catch? Type thing. :dontknow:

So, your not really offended by the picture,maybe the idea of why it might be there?

I was just curious, because I honestly thought the same thing as everyone else when I read the thread. I thought "man, what happens when in public". But I think I see what your getting at now, maybe not. :dontknow:

Subliminally, It has been done for years!! Most of us don't even notice anymore. But your right and I'm not going to guess whether they did it purposely or not. It may have been innocent. If so? The find should have been the focal point! Oh, wait? Might have just been my eyes, I'll go look again. Where was the find?

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That photo is definitely obscene! That woman needs a good talking to! It's a tough job, but I volunteer to set her straight. If anyone knows her full name and address, PM it to me right away! LOL!

Robinb

Feb 10, 2016
In the sun
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 and
Excalibur II with 15" NEL coil
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok, so I looked and found the "picture"
Nice looking lady with her detector and find.

Maybe OP should not be looking at Facebook whilst at work (!).

See more flesh out and about every day.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless I'm missing something it looks like she found a gold nugget.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
There was a time when a women's bare arm was shocking to some people. I didn't see the picture but I would like to. Just to see what we are talking about.

Deep-Digger-Dan

Greenie
Nov 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Move along nothing to see here, but go to fisher research labs facebook for a nice picture of a pretty woman and her metal detector.
I'll look at that any day rather than some bloke in camo's.

Gome On Babe!, Get In!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a time when a women's bare arm was shocking to some people. I didn't see the picture but I would like to. Just to see what we are talking about.

And they dare not show their ankles.:laughing7:
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, I will offer an apology for the comment about your Wife if, in fact, you were offended by this. I only posted it because of your sentence, Quote: I KNOW I would have been embarrassed if my wife had walked by. Unquote.
Marvin
PS, now you feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions