Looking for Broken China dug up in the Charleston Area

ChasDigging

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I live in the Charleston area in SC, and also am a relic hunter. Overtime, I wound up with enough broken china shards around that my wife insisted I start doing something with them or risk her throwing them out. I decided to start making jewelry and decor out of it and am having some success with it. The problem is, I am always needing more material to work with. I know many diggers who don't even bother picking China pieces up, which is a shame! I was wondering if anyone in the area has a stockpile of china or some that you don't have any plans for and wouldn't mind parting with. I have traded in the past. I could make some things out of it for you as a trade, or I do have some bottles I could think about using for trade. I will post some pictures of what I do with it, Thanks! IMG_0987.jpg Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 8.28.45 PM.png blue tassel necklaces.jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 10.41.34 AM.png

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered checking thrift stores for vintage china pieces? Any kind of plate ware is usually inexpensive

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was gonna suggest flea markets if you have them there. Cheap and plentiful. By the way, your jewelry is unique and beautiful...

OP
OP
C

ChasDigging

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered checking thrift stores for vintage china pieces? Any kind of plate ware is usually inexpensive

I have thought about this, but I try to specialize with things I have dug up. I call it "Artifact Jewelry" and it helps separate me from anyone else who makes china jewelry

OP
OP
C

ChasDigging

Mar 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna suggest flea markets if you have them there. Cheap and plentiful. By the way, your jewelry is unique and beautiful...

Thanks! I have thought about this, but I try to specialize with things I have dug up. I call it "Artifact Jewelry" and it helps separate me from anyone else who makes china jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread