NOKTA FORS CORE ADVICE

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ive recently purchased the nokta fors core its a great machine but its a long slow learning curve, But im after some advice on how to deal with coke/iron infested sites,The signls are every 5'' to 6'' .If i discriminate coke at ID 45 will i lose out on some of the goodies like hammerd and roman coins aswell as some gold?. Will it also affect the depth? Im running it in DI2 mode with sensitivety at around 80 and discriminate of 10 so i can hear the differant tones. Any help please,thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try dropping your Sensitivity to 67, and see if that helps.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Terry, I will not be able to get out untill tomorrow to try this but ill let you know how i get on. Thanks for your advice.

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi terry, I went out today and tried dropping the sensitivity to 67 it didn't make any difference I just lost a bit depth I've noticed that deep Coke i.ds in the 80s both ways, but shallow Coke i.ds at around 45 but checking both ways it's 45 one way and grunts the other way, I think it's just going to be one of them fields that's going to take a bit of time. On the plus side I did manage to get a Victorian half penny, 5 Victorian penny's and a silver sixpence all from the 1800s, thanks for your time and advice, Paul

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi would anyone have an idea what small hammered coins vdi at with the nokta fors core aswell as fine gold rings please

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread