Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So we made it to Memphis, TN.... What a culture shock! Was drooling over the possibilities of hunting some old homes, but was in fear for my life, and certain I would never see my detector ever again. The locals were cool though, I guess it would have been no fun to pick on a guy who seemed lost. We toured a few museums, checked out the Bass Pro Shop pyramid, (wow!), and had BBQ at BB Kings blues club. Overall it was a good few days. Now I am sitting in my new tent, waiting for the rain to end. We are at the Florida Caverns in Marianna, ready to tour the cave.... Looks like we will go home tonight, we will see how the weather holds out.... Hasta la pasta....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like adventure!
I would have been sleeping in the car.

But, you had fun!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
at your age, sleeping in a tent is a miracle

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad to see you made it out of Memphis in one piece Dave. The neighborhoods around Graceland are pretty shady these days. Good to see you got to see some of the sites though. Beale Street is pretty cool. Stay dry Dave!
So we made it to Memphis, TN.... What a culture shock! Was drooling over the possibilities of hunting some old homes, but was in fear for my life, and certain I would never see my detector ever again. The locals were cool though, I guess it would have been no fun to pick on a guy who seemed lost. We toured a few museums, checked out the Bass Pro Shop pyramid, (wow!), and had BBQ at BB Kings blues club. Overall it was a good few days. Now I am sitting in my new tent, waiting for the rain to end. We are at the Florida Caverns in Marianna, ready to tour the cave.... Looks like we will go home tonight, we will see how the weather holds out.... Hasta la pasta....

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Home sweet home! I am done.
$700 in fuel, 6107.4 miles on my wife's Volkswagon Tiguan, and enough souvenirs to clutter my house to the point of ridiculous. While we were gone, our chickens laid their first eggs, so that was nice to come home to....fresh breakfast!
One of my "things" is collecting patches...whenever we go somewhere, I have to spend $4 or so on a new addition to the travel bag. Problem is, no more room on the bag! I have to think where to display them, perhaps on my detecting hunting vest (that I never wear). Check this out, in order...
image.jpeg

Thankyou to all who came along with me, it was fun to post, and read all your response. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to beep, but the vacation itself was a great experience. Now I need to catch up on the banner finds...I see I have missed a lot, I need to swing on some old turf asap, I miss my silver mojo!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a good trip. It's always great to get home. Thanks for taking us along.

HH, Relic Nut

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but, did you make it to wally world?

OP