๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Opening day New York turkey hunting, my other addiction. Roosted him on Saturday night, woke him up Sunday morning. Set up 30 yards from where he was roosting. Came in looking for a fight, watched him strut, knock down my jake decoy, and then wanted to make love to my hen decoys. What a hunt. 24 lbs, 1 1/2 inch spurs, 10 3/4 inch double beard. That's me on the right, my uncle got one also in the next field over. Oh, and some nice deer from November made in the brick oven. Gotta love it! Thanks for looking, Mike
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job buddy.... Proud of ya.

I personally haven't taken a lot of turkeys but I have surely taken my share of deer, squirrels, rabbits and pheasants. Both gun and archery all. It's good to see a post like this. Happy hunting guy... Brad

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Brad, it's a lifestyle my dad introduced my brother and I into. Been in the woods, around guns, plucking, skinning, quartering since I was 3. I wouldn't have asked for anything else. It's a dying breed here in these parts and doubt my children will ever enjoy it, but I'll try. Cheers

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice birds! They will sure make the hair stand up on the back of your neck when they start gobbling right in front of you. Congrats!!

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice birds! They will sure make the hair stand up on the back of your neck when they start gobbling right in front of you. Congrats!!

HH, Relic Nut
Nothing like it, addiction is an understatement.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Brad, it's a lifestyle my dad introduced my brother and I into. Been in the woods, around guns, plucking, skinning, quartering since I was 3. I wouldn't have asked for anything else. It's a dying breed here in these parts and doubt my children will ever enjoy it, but I'll try. Cheers

It is a dying breed guy.... Your right. It used to be a way of life and/or a necessity (was). I'm soon to be 61 and I also was raised plucking, skinning, and quartering at an early age. Not only did I hunt wildlife but I was involved in domesticated slaughter also. It's all the same except the wildlife is just so lean compared to today's meat. All wildlife is leaner than anything bought today in cellophane wrapping's from Kroger. It's also much healthier. People are now just "spoiled" and pampered into a part of society they could NEVER overcome if the power went off... and stayed off for months.

I'll survive... it's YOU I'm then scared of.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a dying breed guy.... Your right. It used to be a way of life and/or a necessity (was). I'm soon to be 61 and I also was raised plucking, skinning, and quartering at an early age. Not only did I hunt wildlife but I was involved in domesticated slaughter also. It's all the same except the wildlife is just so lean compared to today's meat. All wildlife is leaner than anything bought today in cellophane wrapping's from Kroger. It's also much healthier. People are now just "spoiled" and pampered into a part of society they could NEVER overcome if the power went off... and stayed off for months.

I'll survive... it's YOU I'm then scared of.
So true. And just ask a kid were eggs come from and they'll say.... " the grocery store "

HH, Relic Nut

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one fat bird. It is fun when you put them to bed and are ready for them in the morn. Our season had been great this year. Lots of mature birds and plenty of jakes out bugging. Congrats!

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So true. And just ask a kid were eggs come from and they'll say.... " the grocery store "

HH, Relic Nut
Speaking of eggs, last week walked upon a grouse at a base of a tree 50 yards from the house. She was sitting on 8 beautiful eggs. Left her alone as not to disturb her. Come to find out today the eggs are gone and nothing but her feathers scattered around the area. Poor thing, either a coon or a fox got her. Damn!

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was one fat bird. It is fun when you put them to bed and are ready for them in the morn. Our season had been great this year. Lots of mature birds and plenty of jakes out bugging. Congrats!
Mild winter kept them healthy, haven't seen so many birds in a LONG time. Counted 13 toms in full strut in one field alone. 13?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions