The deal of my life on EBAY, Excalibur II brand new!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is this even a legitimate discussion?

The seller is a B&M store with over 300k feedback!

Good grief... You people have put about 1000x more thought into this 'situation" than I ever would have.

I would hate to see what do you do when you go to the grocery store and try to buy a gallon of milk.

If stores ever start selling chinese imitation milk with local dairy labels then yes, I would be just as cautious and suspicious any time something seemed strange!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good grief... You people have put about 1000x more thought into this 'situation" than I ever would have.

I would hate to see what do you do when you go to the grocery store and try to buy a gallon of milk.

This IS a legitimate discussion......

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever stand at the aspirin/pain killer section? Good goobily gook..... they got so many choices, my eyes go crossed. One for day, one for night, one for after lunch, one for drive to work, drive home...... with colorings, without, coated, non coated, gel cap, it just never ends..... :BangHead: I always tell the check out lady, "Make sure I didn't get the sugar-free, by mistake". :laughing7: "I like fat"! :laughing7:

Usually when a mind is given to many opposing choices, it freezes up and is rendered impotent. :-\ :laughing7:
I know sometimes, I walk outta a store, shaking my head. :laughing7: Usually with what I didn't want. :BangHead: :laughing7:

OP, great score. Hope it holds true. I paid 1200 or so (right b4 the $ increase) for my 2nd one, but had it put on a straight shaft, so the priced upped a little. I always get my machines through Lorraine at Reilys treasure Gold down here in Pompano Bch. I get my scoops there, too, from Joe. They've been very good to me, as was her Father (rip). :notworthy:

They can have their issues, but usually not right outta the box. More, over time and use. Be sure you keep it rinsed/cleaned good of salt, silicone on the rubbers, watch your wires, the ones from the machine to coil (for cracking, keep em lubed/supple/rinsed), May wanna marine silicone the coil on, rather than forever be cleaning sand outta it, too, I think they had a run of cheap wires, at one point(chinese factory cheap shortcuts, "no no, #14, you no need that much plastic, we needs profits, save money. That why I #6, you #14", ..... and, they had a batch of bad factory chargers, at one point. I had to change out 3 chargers with Lorraine, every one of them, was factory bad, "no no, that part not important, get it in container, will work anyway"..... :laughing7:
I didn't read the whole thread, just keep a heads up and good luck, sweet..... :notworthy:

eta: ok, I read, gollum is spot on, as TH. I was worried, I may not be appearing as pc..... (not really), as I have only been wrong once, in life. That was when I found out later, I WAS actually right. :laughing7:
I so try to believe in the good, but knowing ppl...... :BangHead:
GL lespaul, and keep us informed.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Pat, you didn't happen to grab the "regular" coffee this mornin' by mistake, did you? :laughing9:

I followed most of what ya wrote, but some of your abbreviations threw me for a loop! :tard:

I hear ya about the pain meds. We both have permanent injuries. Doctors keep wanting to put us on something, but the fed. gov't keeps making the hoops to jump through smaller and smaller!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This IS a legitimate discussion......

Exactly. Don't you think it's worth questioning a seller who is not listed as a minelab dealer, who charges $125 shipping, spells Minelab 'mine lab' like alibaba does, and has the brand listed incorrectly? I think those are some red flags worth investigating. It seems like this deal is a good one but imagine if it wasn't and we said nothing? Those knock offs hurt us all.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. Don't you think it's worth questioning a seller who is not listed as a minelab dealer, who charges $125 shipping, spells Minelab 'mine lab' like alibaba does, and has the brand listed incorrectly? I think those are some red flags worth investigating. It seems like this deal is a good one but imagine if it wasn't and we said nothing? Those knock offs hurt us all.

Adam, it is a legitimate question and thread, not sure why JB was questioning that. Misspelling Minelab would have been a huge red flag for me if I was looking at buying and I would have asked for the serial number before purchase so I could call Minelab and verify it is legitmate...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pat, you didn't happen to grab the "regular" coffee this mornin' by mistake, did you? :laughing9:

I followed most of what ya wrote, but some of your abbreviations threw me for a loop! :tard:

I hear ya about the pain meds. We both have permanent injuries. Doctors keep wanting to put us on something, but the fed. gov't keeps making the hoops to jump through smaller and smaller!
Oh, sorry, yeah, doing medical billing and working on the phones with computers, we developed our own little short-(computer)-hand.
Ya gotta be able to read in context. I know that's probably not taught, anymore, LOL.

Shorthand writing, yeah, there's a 30 hour course, I'll never get time back. :BangHead: I did actually close the book and walk outta class one night, never returned. The light bulb just finally "went on", I may have had a short. :laughing7:

If there is any way, you can may can try meditation and mind techniques, to keep from getting pushed onto really hard bad stuffs, better for you both! My Mom would say, "Cat, ya just better get a grip on"..... I would suggest Edgar Cayce info for meditation and holistic thought patterns, to be able to overcome. (I really like his article "Revelations and the 7 chakras") Even science, is touting some mental techniques and tricks, they are finding effective in pain relief. Look in to it, or inquire, can't hurt, maybe google more on it. Mind over matter, typa stuffs, it can work, to degrees.

My horsey tekker friend, she never takes pills either, goes to the dr. he asked, "You want some pain pills"? She's like, NO, not now, not ever..... I'm not in pain. He tells her, "it don't matter, I can give ya a script".
Remember, the medical industry has no interest or profits, in making ppl be healthy. Sick and needy, can be easierly bled.

Easierly :icon_scratch: Did I just make up a new word? yeah, lotsa coffees, everyday, coffee and chocolate milks. mew. :cat: :laughing7:
that's why I don't have coffe or tea after 4:00pm, my brain runs a billions light yrs fast, anyway. At the office, they'd laugh after we'd have cuban coffee, just watching me bounce off the walls. LOL.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
funny-looney-toons-cartoons-3.gif

zilx

Greenie
May 12, 2016
Panama City Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do we know if it was legit yet ? The suspense is killing me over here lol. I hope it works out for him though !

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It'll probably be a couple more days. What, you expect $124 shipping to be FAST?? ROFL - Copy.gif

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jerseyben,

Buyers and Sellers can BUY feedback. It is done EVERY DAY. I had a buyer that said he was an Australian visiting Indonesia, and bought a Mac Notebook I had several years ago. He had tons of positive feedback. When I took a closer look, many of the feedbacks were from only two or three people. It was a scam, and all the customer info was stolen.

What got me was clicking on the strictly negative feedback. Many things not shipped. No contact from store. If you see a reputable seller's feedback, any time there is a negative, they post an answer to the negative feedback. There were no replies to any of the 117 negative feedbacks received in the last year.

Here is how to legally pad your feedback:

Donald Trump Feedback 5 Star Rating | eBay

Pay the seller .99, and get a positive feedback.

Mike

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's sickening. Therefore, it MUST be real. Its Not Fair - Copy.gif

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Jerseyben,

Buyers and Sellers can BUY feedback. It is done EVERY DAY. I had a buyer that said he was an Australian visiting Indonesia, and bought a Mac Notebook I had several years ago. He had tons of positive feedback. When I took a closer look, many of the feedbacks were from only two or three people. It was a scam, and all the customer info was stolen.

What got me was clicking on the strictly negative feedback. Many things not shipped. No contact from store. If you see a reputable seller's feedback, any time there is a negative, they post an answer to the negative feedback. There were no replies to any of the 117 negative feedbacks received in the last year.

Here is how to legally pad your feedback:

Donald Trump Feedback 5 Star Rating | eBay

Pay the seller .99, and get a positive feedback.

Mike

Your response about buying feedback or even looking further into negative feedback is not applicable to the situation being discussed.

OP
OP
L

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Waterproof Pro Pointer, MineLab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright guys, The machine came in Saturday, looked and worked great.. I just got off the phone with Minelab and they verified it is 100% authentic, :hello2:. I am a very happy customer and would recommend seller. I do realize the shipping was high but when you ad it all up the total price of $884.95 for an authentic brand new Minelab Excalibur II is about as good as it gets. Thanks everyone for your input and happy hunting. Hopefully I will be able to get out this week and start hunting with it! Also, just to assure everyone, I make purchases like this often, I comb ebay for great deals and sometimes I do get burned, I got burned on a Dyson Vacuum cleaner that I am getting my money back on today. The good thing about ebay is that when you do get burned you get your money back, it is just another way of treasure hunting and that is how I look at it, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, This time, I feel I won big.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it all worked out for you!

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I would have been lucky enough to have gotten an original " made in china" Excal, my Aus excal has fallen apart, all wiring has falling apart, and I dont even use it much in the day, so cant be UV issues, housing has cracked, knobs fell off, cuff bolt hole too big, so it wobbles, and more that I dont feel like mentioning.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Will you take $100 for it?

mineslob

May 5, 2015
springfield ma
Detector(s) used
minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome. great deal. i shld put mine on ebay,i live so far from the water i never get to use it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread