Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEE, time will wound all heels! :laughing7: and that didn't take long..... :laughing7:

Jebus balooza oj, ya'll just cracked a major case, and wasn't even trying! :laughing7:
Good on all ya'll, kudos, and mozeltof, :notworthy: That should be worth a nice bonus..... seeing as how ya wasn't on the clock. :laughing7: (idk, you may be fulltime pay, not my business, lol)

Yeah, I'd wonder about the fence, too. There's ya'll another trail.
We had a GREAT fence, when I was growing up! :laughing7:
Ran the local funeral home. Just pull in the garage, close garage door, pop the truck, money in hand....... that was a past life incarnation, of course....... :laughing7:

Oh, anda iffn you is needing someone to help with those luxury properties...... :laughing7:
My cousin usually keeps his yacht in Cannes, and another friend just left for Paris, will be 10 months abroad, maybe take in thailand, a few m.e. places (I love running up on friends in weird places) :laughing7:, and hey, I'm free, (free as in, time to travel, typa free. kinda sorta :laughing7:)
Always good to know, the ppl you surround yourself with, are beyond reproach! Plus, the beach apartment I rented last summer was a total dive! Where'd you say that beach front home was in Italy? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I am SO glad this is coming to fruition, ya'll catching them bad guys!
AND ya saw it here LIVE on TREASURENET! :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the Italian Police will let you drop them off somewhere safe like Red promised while flying concerning the CIA Director/Cabal Member in one of the episodes. Needless to say, the CIA Director landed in some family's kitchen in Germany. Besides, holding someone part of the way out a door of an airplane or helicopter while several thousand feet off the ground or water, is a real good way to get them to talk and spill all of the beans on conspirators. I heard that some South Korean Rock Soldiers used the technique on Viet Cong in Vietnam from time to time.::):o

Frank

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, sometimes, one doesn't want to waste bullets. sorry..... :wink:
There's a reason, they say "war is hell". :angry7: :sad7: :notworthy:
Thank you, you vets and service folks, 10000000000000 x's :notworthy:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
OJ, glad to hear things are looking up. Guess you'll have to take ANOTHER vacation, as this one ended up being "work-related"! :laughing7:

Man, I can't believe how ya'll just travel here and there. Been married close to 20 years and still haven't had a proper honeymoon yet. Oh, well...we're not party'ers or big socialites anyhow! :laughing9: Guess we'll just keep hangin' with the skeeters!

I've mentioned how remote we live on another thread. That said, we still have video cameras and sensors. Nobody even wants to come here anymore cause they're afraid of being "caught on camera"! :sign10: Is nice that ALL of our visitors have 4 legs and a tail. ...It's almost like being on vacation full-time......except for the skeeters and skunks.

Have a great rest-of-your-vacation! :wave:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. I hope they catch them thru the fishing shop. Maybe the shop has camera's? At least you have some leads to go on.
How many American trucks like that could there be around there? Good Luck buddy.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Guess I should read page 2 before posting)
That's wonderful news! Hopefully the MD's will be among the other stolen property.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you all folks for your kind words.

But to be clear, I nor the agency I work for had anything to do with catching these guys or even solving the case. It was all Italian Police and a few angry Italian fisherman. By the time my boss got word of it he canceled my vacation and tasked me out here in Germany for the week; not that he thought I may abuse my authority or local & national relations with host authorities, it is just something that needs to be done so both him and I are not standing in front of HR.

So that is a Plus 1 for the Italian Police.

I will not get any special time with them, nor will I ask for time with them. They will end up in prison, and Italian prison makes Mexican prison look like the Hilton. Considering that the only one who is going to make a deal ( the one talking) is Italian his time in jail will not be as bad as those 3 Dutch men. Hope they enjoy their stay.

Yes I was granted vacation after I complete this very boring task here in Germany. I will be taking a total of 32 days vacation, I have some landscaping to do of course, I will MD with one of my other machines but I need to also go set some trotlines out on the channel markers. Those Yaks feed my family very well, we eat to much fish to want to consider purchasing it. LOL

But also I need to stop in at that fishing shop with a few crates of wine for those men who decided to use their Wharf Justice, and also show a few tourist that in some places folks still take a beating before they go to jail.

Still no word on the MD's, but I am not bugging them either. I will let them know I am in town as soon as I get back down there and they will let me know when they have found my MD's.

Thank you all again.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I LOVE the fact that 29 tourists had to call to save the thieves. Sometimes cosmic justice has an interesting way of handling things. Beaten with an oar... LOL

A little poem on his behalf:

Here lies Bobby McDowel
A thief, a liar, a robber to the core
Bobby expired being beaten with an oar.

Well the old man did not kill him; the way I hear it he was just letting him know he was there with his favorite oar.

Yeah I thought it was funny too when I heard some 29 passer by tourist called the police; then I thought it was odd they knew the number, heck I am law enforcement and do not know emergency numbers in most the countries I am sent to work in, but that is because I have direct line access. Still funny though; if you could see that short dumpy old man you would not think he could best someone that much younger. The officer who told me said that the police who responded got the old man to stop but only after about 3 more hits, they cuffed the beaten perp and told the old man to stay put and the old man told them he sure would its his property but they can get that trash off his property. He said the police then just waited for an older Officer to show up who could maybe speak with the old man on his level. LOL

Wish I could have seen it; I am sure a couple of those tourist made video and it will surface soon enough on youtube.

Dude your poem is great; I assume you just spit that out on the fly, if so then you have some cool skills man. Do not let that go to waste.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am picking up my MD's in the morning; well I assume they are mine. The detective said that he is not too sure how to tell the stuff appart and that there are 26 MD's all total and what he figures is related items. Odd because I have never seen another person MD these beaches.

We will see in the morning. I got here early Monday morning with the intentions of relandscaping the beach front part of the property. So far all I have done is set and check trotlines, put out some pots and last night spent about 4 hours with the throw net in the lagoon, the shrimp where all over so I could not just go home. I got about 29 days left of vacation to get some yard work done. LOL

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you're hard at work! :thumbsup:

No Im a lazy man missing my MD's and enjoying some good fishing. I need to get to work on the yard so folks can not case my place from a boat. I am sure when my wife and kids get down here they will help me find the motivation I seem to be lacking. Of course they will go out fishing & MDing then.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
....Ok, let's try this:

Good to see you're hard at work! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread