How will the flipping of the earths magnetic poles effect my metal detector?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope this isnt a duplicate post that has already been discussed. I ran into a article that seem to cover all sorts of reasons why the magnetic poles have flipped in the past. From global warming to Tectonic Plates shifting I found several of the ideas amusing. Here is the article if I am allowed to start this discussion:

Is Earth's Magnetic Field Ready to Flip? - Universe TodayUniverse Today

So someone who went to more school than I have please explain how the metal detectors will work after a magnetic poles flipping? Does this mean another costly upgrade to my F75?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well since you will be long gone it won't affect you

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That, my Friend, should be the least of your worries. :occasion14: It will not affect your detector but watch out for wrong GPS directions.:laughing7:
Marvin
PS, I sometimes wonder about the U.S. currency value.:BangHead:

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. Currency has value?? If I can just remember which corner of my yard, that I buried that jar.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zinc Penny's, they will be worth a lot many years from now. If you can find one. I have this vision of all electric things catching fire at once. The piles flipping may be bad. But hey no more zinc Penny's have to be good.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. Currency has value?? If I can just remember which corner of my yard, that I buried that jar.

It's in the Southwest corner.:occasion14: Enough to buy your Sweetie a new detector.:icon_thumleft:
Marvin

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zinc Penny's, they will be worth a lot many years from now. If you can find one. I have this vision of all electric things catching fire at once. The piles flipping may be bad. But hey no more zinc Penny's have to be good.
If you combine Zinc penny, copper penny, cardboard and vinegar just the right way you have yourself a Battery.
Marvin

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope this isnt a duplicate post that has already been discussed. I ran into a article that seem to cover all sorts of reasons why the magnetic poles have flipped in the past. From global warming to Tectonic Plates shifting I found several of the ideas amusing. Here is the article if I am allowed to start this discussion:

Is Earth's Magnetic Field Ready to Flip? - Universe TodayUniverse Today

So someone who went to more school than I have please explain how the metal detectors will work after a magnetic poles flipping? Does this mean another costly upgrade to my F75?
The answer is simple Casca ... You will find signal/noise everywhere - except on the good stuff.

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
The last time the Poles flipped my batteries died and so did my dog Dino. Then of course there was the Polish circus, i think they had some flippers in that. But maybe those poles were only flipping burgers. It was a while back.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I understand that "When the Moon is in the 7th House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars,, be sure to wear some Flowers in You Hair"
Hey man ,,, you see my rolling papers??

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dont think the poles flipping will hurt unless they keep flipping back and forth. Might have to put my batteries in backwards thought to get the detector to turn on.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If i`m hiding in the cellar when this happens...will the cellar become the roof ?
Time Travel gives me the Runs
tongue3.gif

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it matter what direction you point your F-75 now?

Then it won't after the poles flip.

Of course, the sea of lava and increased solar UV radiation (from the magnetosphere trying to reform) will be a concern.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be advisable for everyone to have some different clothes to wear because you will be getting different weather patterns than you are accustomed to.:BangHead: May need Brokers to handle the clothing swaps among our members here.:laughing7:
Marvin

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
I think its gonna be fun, cause our engines will spin the other directions in our cars. So revers will be forward, and 1-2-3-4 & 5 maybe 6 will all be in reverse, so we have to decide to either drive really slow or backwards, or both. People will make big money selling stickers that read P-D-N-R1-R2-R3

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
!did ydaerla yeht thguoht I

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow if his were to happen.Metal detecting will be the last thing on the agenda.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the 500' tsunamis, the mag 9 earthquakes, landslides, and what's left of the population rioting and killing each other en masse, plus nuclear attacks, I think I'll also go out metal detecting just to see if the machine works. Yeah, sounds about right.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be advisable for everyone to have some different clothes to wear because you will be getting different weather patterns than you are accustomed to.:BangHead: May need Brokers to handle the clothing swaps among our members here.:laughing7:
Marvin
You won't need new clothes for a magnetic pole shift, but you WILL for the coming Ice Age that is now being predicted by more and more scientists. Glad I live in Florida!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions