Limited time.where to try

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm wondering what you guys think.im starting to detect in an old cabin site area.theres the main cabin/ bunkhouse and some other flattened sites where something was going on.plus a couple out house holes.all that's left of the main cabin is the log foundation and the floor that has become part of the ground basically.place is from around 1885 to around 1895 when they were working a mine close by.
My question is with limited time I have to go there is it best to try and dig through old floor of cabin and look for stuff.maybe the fact it had a wood floor wouldnt let a lot of stuff through to find.i did find a 1891 dime inside the cabin area.or maybe look around outside where maybe the trail came to the cabin or maybe where they may have hung around outside on nice days
Maybe the other flat areas may have been work areas of some sort.i was also thinking around the areas of the outhouse looking spots since it would have been popular place to go.
Eventually I would hope to cover the whole place but for now I want to hit the sweetest spots .what do you all think

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with what would have been high traffic areas. Footpaths etc.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would try where the doorways are or might have been. Good places to find coins.

OP
OP
D

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eventually I will get everywhere.the problem is the place is hard to get too.very steep and a long climb.i have my other mining claims that have more priority so I will only make it to this place a few times this summer.i excited to see what's there after finding the 1891 dime the first time I try.i doubt that's all there is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread