Scott2373

Greenie
Apr 29, 2016
Williamson, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've decided to take a jump into this hobby and I would like to know where many of you buy your equipment. I understand that forums support their sponsors and that's fine with me. So who do you recommend? I see that Big Boys Hobbies is a sponsor, but was wondering how reputable they are. I'm looking to spend a little over $500 on my first setup. I know this may not sound like much, but I don't have a big budget for something I've never done before and don't know how long I'll stick with it. Heck, my wife might even put up a stink about that much. Another question, are there any forum discounts or other benefits from supporting the forum sponsors? Thank you all very much and I look toward to sharing my future finds with you!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. All the vendors on here are vetted. I would recommend any of them especially Big Boys. They are not only sponsors but most are active members that chat and respond directly. I like the AT PRO but that is just an opinion. All in All you have come to the right place. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Scott! Buy with confidence from any of the Forum Sponsors. Email or call them, or just PM them here. Ask them for their best deal, and let us know what and who you decide to go with. Good luck and Big Gold to you! :skullflag:

OP
OP
S

Scott2373

Greenie
Apr 29, 2016
Williamson, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Treasure Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies! I've decided on the Whites Treasure Pro (Started looking at Ace 400, then considered the F44, then Minelab 505), a Garrett Pro Pointer (II or AT, depending on price) and a Whites Digmaster digger to start. That's probably about as basic a kit as anyone could want going into the field, but that's all I'm committing to spend, for now. I don't want to lose my shirt on lower grade equipment that I can't get most of my money back on, if I decide this hobby is not for me. Besides, I'm a very fast learner and have a knack for electronics, so hopefully I won't outgrow this machine too quickly! Thanks again!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be bias just because my friends were treated very well. Keith at Fort Bedford Detectors is a great guy and very down to earth. He gave several friends great prices. Solid guy, solid business. Not to say any other sponsor is less, but Ft. Bedford has helped friends and they're solid.

Can't wait to hear of your finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions