xp deus problem please help!

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only had the machine a week and when i turned it on today and used it in my test garden, each target was giving me THREE beeps with each pass! I dont remember it doing this yesterday, and it seems very odd... does it on every program too. is this normal? with just one pass i will get a solid beep over each outter edge of the coil and the midrib in the center of the coil. This seems really unsatisfactory and like something is wrong.

Last edited:

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the targets on top of the ground? or buried. If on top, no problem. That thang is really fast.

OP
OP
joncooper1986

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes they were actually. why does it do that with surface finds? i dont remember my AT Pro doing that with the DD coil

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because the machine is fast and the target is so close to the coil. When you get double or triple sounds you know the target is on the surface

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the recovery is very quick on the deus, it will pick up all targets on one sweep so check the ground for targets, before you do a test. You can also alter the tones to suit.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread