Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings fellow treasure hunters!

I'm finally going to hunt again!

My metal detector broke about two or more years ago. I hadn't been out detecting even the year before that.
I've been living vicariously through this forum and all of you for more than 3 years!
Buying a MD just hadn't been in my budget either...for a loooong time.

The control box was what went out on my Ace 150...
A couple months ago, I was going to finally get it fixed or get a new control box.
However, last month when my roommate moved out, he stole the darn thing! grrrrr! (I just had to vent that) lol

Well, I just couldn't take not having a MD any longer. So, I started selling (again) on eBay to fund for a MD.
I'm finally getting one! It should arrive tomorrow. It's only an Ace 150 (like my old one I had nearly 12 years) But, I loved it!
This Ace I'm getting was only $85 bucks and to me that was a steal!

I can't wait to post my findings...and be a more active member again!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new detector! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!

So, I was sitting here reading post and the UPS truck pulls in. I thought "wow" that was quick!
My pup is a pain, so the driver left it outside my door. I pick it up, but it feels "empty". I was like WTH???
I opened it and it was empty! Oh my! Only 2 fommy thingies, some paper work, cardboard...that's it.
I thought, "Hell, I been screwed!!!!" by an eBay seller. Only to find out it was a will call box from DISH! Phrew! lol
Can you tell I'm a bit excited to get my MD?
I feel like a damn kid!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, those boxes threw me for a few loops as well. Finally just did away with Dish and rely now solely on DVD's and YouTube downloads - lots of older TV shows and movies.....older, like me! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those boxes threw me for a few loops as well. Finally just did away with Dish and rely now solely on DVD's and YouTube downloads - lots of older TV shows and movies.....older, like me! :laughing7:

Yes, yes, kcm! And youtube has many great movies too!
I used to have over 500 vcr tapes...lol I still prefer them over dvd's (yeah, I be old)
I only had DISH here for the roommate (sports) I personally haven't had T.V. for over 15 years.
Now, I have to pack up the receivers for the ex %$^&* roommate. Uggg!
On the bright side, my MD is still coming, and my 81 yo mom is interested in joining me with detecting!
Now to find her a simple, lightweight one that wont break the bank!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Being the almost-novice that I am, I'm not about to suggest a detector for your mom. However, I have found MANY great, older TV series sets on eBay. Sometimes they run pretty high, but other times can get a good deal. After my dad passed away, we used the high speed DSL at his place to download nearly 2 terabytes of movies and TV series. Got many then and have learned about lots of shows that I never knew about. We have such a huge selection now that by the time we get to the end of the list, we've forgotten the other stuff and can start fresh again. :thumbsup:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cool you are back to the hobby and good luck in your future hunts! Some good finds have been patiently waiting for your coil ;)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back to the obsession. I look forward to seeing some of your future finds. I agree with you on the steal price for the Ace 150. As for TV I am lucky enough to live just under 40 miles from both Akron and Cleveland. With a $39 antenna I get about 40 channels. There are plenty of sites on the internet to watch free movies and classic TV series episodes. There is one site with over 1000 free films. What kind of internet connection do you have?

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear you are getting back out there -- at that price your detector will pay for itself in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions