Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you's keep forgetting they don't have her real name

The coffin, made of lead and bronze, contains the well-preserved but unidentified remains of a young girl estimated to be three years old. The house sits upon land once occupied by the Odd Fellows Cemetery, whose 30,000 inhabitants were moved to the nearby town of Colma in the 1920s and 30s. The cemetery was active between 1830 and 1860, placing the girl’s death at about 145 years ago.

So I guess first you have to know the Exact number buried .
Probably not Exactly 30,000.
and how many of them were around 3 year old girls.
Then you have to ID which one. around 3 year old female occupant they forgot. Probably not just 1.
or you need an accurate Map of the plots.

Sorry I say Impossible to do anything but Maybe DNA and try and force someone with similar dna to adopt her.

or just bury her . which should be done at the expensive of,
an odd fellows organization, a church,
donations, or the city.

but no matter how many records you can find.
an actual accurate Plot Map with Names would be the only
way to I.D. her.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Whether they have a name or not, she could AT LEAST be re-buried in the newer location - maybe put in a mausoleum or a temporary crypt -- -- something! That's a hell of a lot of burden to place on the homeowners. ...What if the homeowners wouldn't have been decent people? What if the homeowners wanted to start a sideshow or were perverts, or maybe buy the whole thing up for auction on eBay?!?!? The city NEEDS to step in! That's the responsible thing to do.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; That is all I'm asking to do. To bury her again with the same people she was buried with in the first place. If we could identify her somehow then they should bury her with her known relatives. That would be awesome.I think they should at least make a concerted effort to find her relatives or even her real name. I don't think this is to much to ask rather than have her languishing in some Medical Examiners Office deprived of even being properly buried. That is what this is all about. This should not take some huge act of Congress to acomplish. What say ye Folks?? I await. PEACE:RONB

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Some other email addresses that I'm sending this to are below. I have copied the thread (up to Post #44) into a single .pdf file and removed non-essential fluff for easier reading. If anyone would like a copy of this file, PM me for my email address. The .pdf file is 340KB in size.

[email protected] (SFGate - the publisher of the article in the OP)
[email protected] (SF Chronicle)
[email protected] (SF Examiner - Gregory D. Andersen, Managing Editor)

S. F. Bay Area Newspapers by Title :: San Francisco Public Library (a link to ALL SF Bay area newspapers - there's a truckload of them!! But main ones are above)

The mayor's email is: [email protected]
The Archdiocese email is: [email protected]

The Archdiocese doesn't make it easy to send an email - only a general "info" link. But that's better than the governor's office, which has NO email link, other than to send from within their page. That way there's no record of having emailed them, I suppose. :tongue3:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good thing, but the city should get a HUGE black eye over this! It's disgraceful!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Cache Finder; Thanks that is AWESOME. Now she has been relegated to a Final Resting Place in the Annals of Human Dignity. Thanks kcm for your help as well. May God Bless her. PEACE:RONB :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions