minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't dump the Excel!!! Even going to the beach 3 times to hunt the dry sand and the wet saltwater sand the Excel will not mask a good target under a piece of iron. It being more than one freq. it will have no trouble with falsing like single freq detectors. It's almost as deep as a PI.

Read my signature below.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you really decide to sell it, pay the $20 Charter Membership and sell it here. It will go FAST and make another member very happy!

And you won't have to deal with the "unknown" of selling on Craigslist.

Now, I've only used mine once at the beach, but I wouldn't sell it for more than I paid for it (bought it used on here).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There really isn't an inexpensive detector when it comes to hunting salt water beaches, you can go cheap if you want to just hunt the dry sand and not hunt the wet where the majority of the good finds are located....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't dump the Excel!!!Even going to the beach 3 times to hunt the dry sand and the wet saltwater sand the Excel will not mask a good target under a piece of iron. It being more than one freq. it will have no trouble with falsing like single freq detectors. It's almost as deep as a PI.

Read my signature below. But if you really just want to go less expensive you can get a Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As others have said there really isn't any other VLF unit that is lower in cost. If you want to detect dry beaches, then get something like an AT Pro but once that sand is wet the AT Pro will not do well. If you really want something for the wet salt though that is cheaper get a PI unit like the Sand Shark or Whites DF. You will have to dig everything with them but they will work well at the beach. If I were in your shoes I would probably get the Whites DF, keep the Excal, or consider a non salt machine like the AT Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions