Detectors Involved in Looting Civil War Battlefield

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They deserve what ever penalty they receive....

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read about this - didn't show photos of the "Pits"

"Earlier this week, one of the park employees was out doing landscape work and noticed some things were out of place," NPS spokesman Chris Bryce said.
The looting happened in the eastern part of the park, the National Park Service said, citing a large number of excavated pits. Marked graves were not disturbed.

Sad -

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Berryman, thanx for the link.

Anyone with a 'puter, google, and a minute of time, would/could have known better . However, I'm betting that's not the case here. Whomever did those holes (assuming it was an md'r) no doubt did know. Because notice authority only found the holes in the morning. Seems they were dug at night. So this tells you the guys knew full well.

Also, shame on them for not filling their holes. Now that merely creates a giant B.O.L. and "awareness" of supposed evils on our part . So these md'rs are clowns on many fronts. And, gasp, those CW buttons that appear @ buy -&- sell on ebay. Did anyone else catch that? As if that's somehow connected necessarily to this, and they're all ill-gotten gains ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were night hawking and no doubt they knew it was illegal..... I want cry any tears if they get the max penalty....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
May they get chiggers in their nether regions. Despicable. I have heard of people around here hunting at night while some old person is inside watching T.V. and it makes me sick to my stomach.

OP
OP
B

Berryman

May 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, this will add another black mark to our hobby.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, sorta like gun rights. Law abiding folks get punished for crap like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions