Selling Memorial Day Door-to-Door

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A young Verizon salesman just rang my doorbell, ON MEMORIAL DAY, to tell me about Verizon's new FIOS service. REALLY? I told the kid to tell his supervisor I was outraged that Verizon was sending people door-to-door on MEMORIAL DAY. He looked at me, perplexed, and said "Why?"

Poor kid. Let's just say I explained it in a way I don't think he will have trouble remembering when he relays my feelings to his higher ups. Am I wrong? Am I too sensitive to the meaning of today?

I called Verizon 1-800-922-0204 and got a live person by hitting "0" for an operator. I told the representative to relay my feelings to his supervisor, which he promised to do, and then gave me this address to write to:

Verizon Wireless
ATTN: Correspondence Team
PO Box 5029
Wallingford, CT 06492

I know stores are open, but should a Company send reps to your DOOR on Christmas day? Hanukka? Memorial Day?

Sad and angry in White Plains, New York

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friggin blood sucking disrespectful cannibals. heh :)

I dropped Verizon like a bad habit many many moons ago... and still to this day wish I had done it sooner.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Terry, as I just got an email from one of my state senators, there was a picture of our flag. The problem was it was backwards. I did email him and let him know my feelings. We can say I didn't hold much back.

A big thanks for all that Have Served This Great Country, Past and Present!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That would tend to tick me off as well. However, I try to look at things from both sides. This kid was out there trying to earn a living. Hunger and bill collectors don't know what holidays are.

...Not really sure how I would have handled something like that - nobody comes out this far! :laughing7:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small plaque right next to my front door that says "No Soliciting". If someone comes to my door trying to sell something and ignores this sign then they get an earful from me telling them that they are technically trespassing and I could have them arrested. My home is my sanctuary and I do not tolerate my peace being disturbed.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people don't have a clue what took place to make It possible for them to live a free life. You did exactly the right thing. Hell, ask most young people what Memorial day is and they will say... " The beginning of summer "

HH, Relic Nut

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a small plaque right next to my front door that says "No Soliciting". If someone comes to my door trying to sell something and ignores this sign then they get an earful from me telling them that they are technically trespassing and I could have them arrested. My home is my sanctuary and I do not tolerate my peace being disturbed.

I wish I could hang a no soliciting sign next to my Verizon phone.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most people don't have a clue what took place to make It possible for them to live a free life. You did exactly the right thing. Hell, ask most young people what Memorial day is and they will say... " The beginning of summer "

HH, Relic Nut

You hit it on the head RN! I told the kid I wasn't angry at him, but I was at the moron that sent him and I explained why graphically. A friend just sent me a "back door" to contact the BIG guys at Verizon, so I sent the guy in charge of Marketing a message. I'll let you know if his office gets back to me.
Verizon Leadership Executive Biographies - Verizon

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its getting just ridicules now days the extent to which they go to make a sale. The worst part, they don't care.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Verizon may not be the culprit here. It may be someone who needs the money and is working on commission. Since he could not afford to celebrate He may have figured that he might as well try to make a sale or two today.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TS!! AMERICA!! Tis the day to REFLECT on those who paid the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE for the FREEDOM we have the opportunity to enjoy today!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel Terry. I was at the local store yesterday and once I checked out the clerk said, "Have a Happy Memorial day". What, I should have done the same as you but just kept on walking.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Is it Just us 1% that served that actually display flags on Memorial Day. I don't see very many out today. I guess it's more important to teach texting on cell phones in schools today instead of REAL history.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verizon may not be the culprit here. It may be someone who needs the money and is working on commission. Since he could not afford to celebrate He may have figured that he might as well try to make a sale or two today.

Sounds like this kid is an up and coming billionaire.

I would have said... "is it that rough out there" ? sheesh

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image013.jpg

image017.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 65

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...thought I took some of the images away. Is difficult to find words or an image that can make up for so many lives sacrificed in the name of Freedom.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Why is everyone so bitter? There is no right or wrong way to be an American or celebrate a holiday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread