ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• STUPID.png
    STUPID.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 115

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't an indication of a reporter's stupidity. A word was just left off the copy and not caught before hitting "ENTER". It should be "field trip" obviously.

Mistakes in news copy like this have been happening since the days of 17th century broadsheets, and are just a fact of the business. A reporter writing thousands of words a day, under pressure, sometimes makes mistakes. And in these days of budget cuts to newsrooms often there is no editor to catch these gaffes, only a spell-check on a laptop. That exacerbates things.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen a LOT of egregious journalistic mistakes. They are becoming increasingly abhorrent.

This, however, is an innocent typo.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I will accept it but NO proofreaders? Guess it is kind of funny they omitted field TRIP.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hasn't been proofreaders for many years - ever since cyber news delivery started threatening the existence of printed news delivery. Cost-cutting is all the rage these days....not to mention the rage it creates.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the last few months I've noticed a lot of misspelled words, bad grammar, and the like in news articles not limited to Yahoo. I've even corrected errors in quite a few I pasted into threads here.

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
what I love is the bimbos the local tv stations hire, they have a hard time with speeking english you hear fun things like "it is going to be in the mid 100s tomorrow", or "it is going to be a lot more dryer" or " tomorrow will be the more dryer day this week." BUT they are all six foot tall and blond. I gess it is ok if you just hit mute.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what I love is the bimbos the local tv stations hire, they have a hard time with speeking english you hear fun things like "it is going to be in the mid 100s tomorrow", or "it is going to be a lot more dryer" or " tomorrow will be the more dryer day this week." BUT they are all six foot tall and blond. I gess it is ok if you just hit mute.

I just want to clarify that I don't have a problem with shorter blondes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread