Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Water! As cold as I can get it.

Kidney stones can be stopped in its tracks by taking Magnesium/calcium/zinc tablets from the health food section. The magnesium/calcium prevents the stones from forming in the first place.

I suffered from kidney stones several times in my early twenties and my wife read an article by a lady who suffered for many years until she discovered mag/cal supplements.

You don't even have to take them daily, but probably should, for it to work flawlessly. After taking these I never suffered from kidney stones again.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wasnt it blatz :dontknow:

Yeah, it got pretty skunky tastin'....but after a few, what the hell!!
Do ya remember the labels on Oly bottles?? If ya got a four dot label, all ya had to do was have some little phily sign it for a free ****:censored: Collectin' on it was another story!!:laughing7:

CharonPompeii

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may sound a bit on the new age-y side but have you tried alkalized water? You can usually buy bottles of it but I feel pretty energized every time I have it. A friend of mine had a Kangen water dispenser in her house that I used to use when I visited but she's since moved to Texas but I've seen alkalized water everywhere - even at the concession counter at the movies. I feel like if you pack a few bottles of that stuff, you'll be good to go.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it got pretty skunky tastin'....but after a few, what the hell!!
Do ya remember the labels on Oly bottles?? If ya got a four dot label, all ya had to do was have some little phily sign it for a free ****:censored: Collectin' on it was another story!!:laughing7:
dont remember but Blatz was the sound that oh never mind :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery, if it's that hot, go buy an a/c window unit, NOW! or, fill your bathtub up and keep cool.

I don't know if you had central or wall units.... excessive heat can bring on CHF (congestive heart failure).
Especially, if your not used to the high heat temps. It killed my grandmother, she stayed in the house for 4 days, middle of summer, no air/broke central air, at 96 yrs old. The doc's gave her a choice, they could surgerize or help her go on home.
She wanted to go home, so they helped her. :notworthy:

My Mom always said, you can kill a inside dog quick, by throwing him outside, in summer heat.

So pls do take care! ! ! Get you some air, pls!
and oh, I never drink them energy drinks, or beer.
Them the nastiest tastings stuffs I ever tasted, well, besides Noni fruit and unripe papaya. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery, if it's that hot, go buy an a/c window unit, NOW! or, fill your bathtub up and keep cool.

I don't know if you had central or wall units.... excessive heat can bring on CHF (congestive heart failure).
Especially, if your not used to the high heat temps. It killed my grandmother, she stayed in the house for 4 days, middle of summer, no air/broke central air, at 96 yrs old. The doc's gave her a choice, they could surgerize or help her go on home.
She wanted to go home, so they helped her. :notworthy:

My Mom always said, you can kill a inside dog quick, by throwing him outside, in summer heat.

So pls do take care! ! ! Get you some air, pls!
and oh, I never drink them energy drinks, or beer.
Them the nastiest tastings stuffs I ever tasted, well, besides Noni fruit and unripe papaya. :laughing7:
thanks for the info the air is now fixed. My wife and the inside dog is now happy. Sorry bout your grandma 5 months ago i had heart surgery so the heat was worse than before. 8-)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info the air is now fixed. My wife and the inside dog is now happy. Sorry bout your grandma 5 months ago i had heart surgery so the heat was worse than before. 8-)
I remembered you posting something about that, thus the heads up.
I'm not sure your age (and wouldn't dare ask, lol), I just know, ain't none if us getting any younger, and days gone by and age, just bring on some new realities...... :BangHead: I don't think many of us, woulda ever thought of, ohhh, way back when...... :laughing7:
I feel like I'm almost having to relearn this tiring, wearing out body. :icon_scratch: Or, at least pieces parts, of it. :laughing7:

Ty, I'm sure grandma is doing better, than all of us, put together! :notworthy: :laughing7:
Stay hydrated and be good to yourself and yours! :notworthy:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remembered you posting something about that, thus the heads up.
I'm not sure your age (and wouldn't dare ask, lol), I just know, ain't none if us getting any younger, and days gone by and age, just bring on some new realities...... :BangHead: I don't think many of us, woulda ever thought of, ohhh, way back when...... :laughing7:
I feel like I'm almost having to relearn this tiring, wearing out body. :icon_scratch: Or, at least pieces parts, of it. :laughing7:

Ty, I'm sure grandma is doing better, than all of us, put together! :notworthy: :laughing7:
Stay hydrated and be good to yourself and yours! :notworthy:
grandma is fine and remember full speed ahead. I be 62 but the past has made me 102 if ya know what i mean

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the what it's worth department. My Wife was at the Doctor's office and they were talking about drinking plenty of water.
The Doctor cautioned about drinking water from a Plastic bottle that had been in the sunlight.:dontknow:
Marvin

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the what it's worth department. My Wife was at the Doctor's office and they were talking about drinking plenty of water.
The Doctor cautioned about drinking water from a Plastic bottle that had been in the sunlight.:dontknow:
Marvin
yes chemicals from making the plastic will get in the water. I always see big stores with pallets of water outside for advertisement.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It hit 84° here today. I'M DYING!! TOO DANG HOT - Copy.gif

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down in the Four Corners area this week and temps were up around a 100 and over every day. I grew up in that sort of climate but I've lived in the mountains for 12 years where it rarely gets over 80, so that was a little tough. I went on a 4 mile hike in 98 degree temps, didn't take any water with me, and had no problem. No alcohol. No iced tea. I drank lots n lots of water through the day. (Good to do that here at high elevation, too.) Take a small smooth pebble and keep it under your tongue while hiking and that seems to help. Wear a hat and a long sleeve shirt, and surprisingly I stay cooler in black. Watch the color of your pee. The more yellow it is, the more dehydrated you are. If it's really bright yellow and you only dribble although you feel like you needed to go bad, you're in big trouble. The best way to beat the heat is find a shade tree, try to catch the breeze, and eat ice cold watermelon. Don't move, and frequently comment about how hot it is out there, haha!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
getting hot there
Yep, we're not used to 80's temps here. In Houston, we had upper 90's with 90's+ humidity most of the time....but never liked it. Now, it's just too dang hot!

What was even worse was, a few weeks ago we went from high's in the 40's to a day with a high of 92°!! 92!! ACK! The next day was back in the 80's, then back in the 40's and 50's for highs. My favorite temp range is around the 10°-15°F range. Not too hot; not too cold. No bugs or snakes, no grass to mow, and snow plowing takes all of 20 minutes! ...Course, digging is out of the question, but......

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down in the Four Corners area this week and temps were up around a 100 and over every day. I grew up in that sort of climate but I've lived in the mountains for 12 years where it rarely gets over 80, so that was a little tough. I went on a 4 mile hike in 98 degree temps, didn't take any water with me, and had no problem. No alcohol. No iced tea. I drank lots n lots of water through the day. (Good to do that here at high elevation, too.) Take a small smooth pebble and keep it under your tongue while hiking and that seems to help. Wear a hat and a long sleeve shirt, and surprisingly I stay cooler in black. Watch the color of your pee. The more yellow it is, the more dehydrated you are. If it's really bright yellow and you only dribble although you feel like you needed to go bad, you're in big trouble. The best way to beat the heat is find a shade tree, try to catch the breeze, and eat ice cold watermelon. Don't move, and frequently comment about how hot it is out there, haha!
good info

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, we're not used to 80's temps here. In Houston, we had upper 90's with 90's+ humidity most of the time....but never liked it. Now, it's just too dang hot!

What was even worse was, a few weeks ago we went from high's in the 40's to a day with a high of 92°!! 92!! ACK! The next day was back in the 80's, then back in the 40's and 50's for highs. My favorite temp range is around the 10°-15°F range. Not too hot; not too cold. No bugs or snakes, no grass to mow, and snow plowing takes all of 20 minutes! ...Course, digging is out of the question, but......
nice here only 87 and clouds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread