Danger! Tot lot Danger!

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a thought... maybe grandma dropped her case of embroidery needles in the sand. That would be a much better scenario than the (insert multiple bleeps here) jerk that may have tossed them in for the feet of innocent children to find.

While I may be hoping that it was just an accident, something tells me that it wasn't. :/

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya hopefully, but there are some real pieces of work out there.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what makes you think turning this in to the cops will stop it.thats like saying lets ban guns or drugs and the crime will stop.

Like they will be able to track down the person doing this by turning in a bag of sewing needles. Hard to get a fingerprint off those I would think

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's not the point. The point is to take the needles to law enforcement or city hall, whatever, and SHOW them what is happening in the kid's play area. Then they could see a need to take some sort of action......or not. Obviously the only way to catch the idiot would be red-handed. That will not happen if nobody is watching for it to happen.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they will be able to track down the person doing this by turning in a bag of sewing needles. Hard to get a fingerprint off those I would think

Ya but maybe possible DNA evidence on them.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for doing the right thing. There is a thing called karma, hopefully, you will get a reward out of this good deed.. maybe something nice, like a Barber half or a gold ring!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybodys guess.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

No, not at all, thats just stupid.

It is for liability reasons. Police secure the scene, getting the city to come in and clean it up and they increase their patrols in that area. The scene then fall under what is known as a Crime Map and can be later searched in the data for matching MO's or if they actually catch someone doing it they can then bring up other locations during the interview.

The point is public safety,.

I take it you have no kids,

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Update.

I had pulled 136 rusty sewing needles and pieces of sewing needles from the sand, bagged them, and brought it down to the attention of the parks dept.

Shortly after I went out of town on vacation. When I returned the sand was gone and replaced with rubber tiles everywhere. Guess they solved that!

But now not possible to lose anything at the tot lot. No more detecting there now....lol.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update.

I had pulled 136 rusty sewing needles and pieces of sewing needles from the sand, bagged them, and brought it down to the attention of the parks dept.

Shortly after I went out of town on vacation. When I returned the sand was gone and replaced with rubber tiles everywhere. Guess they solved that!

But now not possible to lose anything at the tot lot. No more detecting there now....lol.

No good deed goes unpunished! :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are quite a few of those rubber tiled tot lots here. :(

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Update.

Heck yeah man, that was all you.

My kids will most likely not ever even go to that city but thanks man. That is really stand up of you.

Now if you happen to find the fella who is doing it and decide to shove your MD up his rear end, then PM me, I will cover you bail and make sure he does not get to testify.

Good job; wish this got more PR than just here, but it really does not matter when it comes to public safety and you alone sorted that out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread