Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone heard a almost 61 year old man yesterday in the TN. area screaming like a little girl... It was wimp Limitool again! I was putting together 4 large ceiling fans for my new shop and I was getting ready to carry and hang the last one. I picked it up and headed across the shop and clipped the leg of my band saw with the edge of my right foot. Now I had my shoes on but damn did it hurt because of the already tender little toe.... I was making progress but I'm set back a little now!!!! :BangHead:

Dude that bent toenail MUST have hurt like hell.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your safe place...the sofa with a cooler of cold beer!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, empty the cooler of beer (one at a time) and then stick your foot inside until it becomes a lovely shade of pale blue. :wink:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone heard a almost 61 year old man yesterday in the TN. area screaming like a little girl... It was wimp Limitool again! I was putting together 4 large ceiling fans for my new shop and I was getting ready to carry and hang the last one. I picked it up and headed across the shop and clipped the leg of my band saw with the edge of my right foot. Now I had my shoes on but damn did it hurt because of the already tender little toe.... I was making progress but I'm set back a little now!!!! :BangHead:

I think your Sweetie should wrap you in Bubble Wrap 'til you heal. Man, you need all the horseshoes you can find.:laughing7:
Marvin:coffee2:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Come on Bud, your embarrassing us. I'm the same way but I don't tell nobody but her, and that don't do any good [emoji23] [emoji23]

HH RN

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on Bud, your embarrassing us. I'm the same way but I don't tell nobody but her, and that don't do any good [emoji23] [emoji23]

HH RN

Yea, your probably right.... I need to man up some or quit walking or doing anything for awhile.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sofa & beer, give the tooties time to heal. :)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe we should all chip in and long-term rent him one of those shopping scooters to use. :tongue3:

Where shall I send my 3¢ to?? :laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about that table jumping out in front of you like that. I hate when that happens. Oh,, I had an ingrown toenail once. Couldn't get a pedicure for weeks. It was terrible.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we should all chip in and long-term rent him one of those shopping scooters to use. :tongue3:

Where shall I send my 3¢ to?? :laughing7:

How about a "Go Fund Me" page..... ? :dontknow: But when ya get enough for the scotter I'll need a wide wheel base, all terrine tires, 3-4 speeds and mostly a cold cup holder (beer). Let me know where your close...! Your the best Minnesota friend I have!!!!! :occasion14:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a "Go Fund Me" page..... ? :dontknow: But when ya get enough for the scotter I'll need a wide wheel base, all terrine tires, 3-4 speeds and mostly a cold cup holder (beer). Let me know where your close...! Your the best Minnesota friend I have!!!!! :occasion14:
I got a little excess bread and bought you this. Now where do I send it.
Marvin
images

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
oooops, Instead of GoFundMe.com, I sent the wrong group of folks to your house - the GoBumpMe.com guys! :dontknow:

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here is my WIMP story...

Was not going to post this but as it changed my view on life in a big way. I thought I'd share it.....:thumbsup:

Ok, so I was jogging down the street when I tripped and cracked my knee on the sidewalk....
As I lay there curled up, clutching my knee, tears in my eyes and cursing loudly, I was aware of a car pulling up and stopping. He had obviously witnessed my fall..

I was aware of two strong arms helping me up (in a sort of Heimlich maneuver) and gently walking me backwards toward a bench seat.

All the time he was saying "its OK bud, I got you"
to which I would reply, thru clenched teeth and spittle "my f***ing knee!" and "oh my F** God, the pain!"

so he gets me to the bench, he has been walking backwards, kinda dragging me, with strong arms (I weigh 240) still trying to calm me with "you gonna be fine" and "I got you" again.....

and I'm like "I'll never F**ing walk again"... "jesus the PAIN!" (it was kind hurting real bad!)

So....

he finally sits me down, check my knee and says it not broken but one hell of a bruise!

And I eventually look up to see a young guy, maybe 25 years old, (I am 35) well built, and with a huge "Tom Cruise" like smile, and a glint in his eye that says "I can take on the world" and I calm down, stop my blubbering and thank him...

He says "no problem my friend" and bids me farewell and good luck with that huge smile and twinkling eyes.......

As he walked away on two titanium prosthetic legs, to his car with a bumper sticker that read "PROUD TO BE A VET - US MARINES"

have you ever felt truly, and I mean truly, ashamed?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing to feel ashamed about. I'm sure he was happy to help someone, the same as someone helped him.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Perspective and attitude and determination by those who faced and continue to face challenges ,more so in an outstanding citizen who continues to care for and about others; can affect another's attitude for sure. .

Thank you Veterans!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here is my WIMP story...

Was not going to post this but as it changed my view on life in a big way. I thought I'd share it.....:thumbsup:

Ok, so I was jogging down the street when I tripped and cracked my knee on the sidewalk....
As I lay there curled up, clutching my knee, tears in my eyes and cursing loudly, I was aware of a car pulling up and stopping. He had obviously witnessed my fall..

I was aware of two strong arms helping me up (in a sort of Heimlich maneuver) and gently walking me backwards toward a bench seat.

All the time he was saying "its OK bud, I got you"
to which I would reply, thru clenched teeth and spittle "my f***ing knee!" and "oh my F** God, the pain!"

so he gets me to the bench, he has been walking backwards, kinda dragging me, with strong arms (I weigh 240) still trying to calm me with "you gonna be fine" and "I got you" again.....

and I'm like "I'll never F**ing walk again"... "jesus the PAIN!" (it was kind hurting real bad!)

So....

he finally sits me down, check my knee and says it not broken but one hell of a bruise!

And I eventually look up to see a young guy, maybe 25 years old, (I am 35) well built, and with a huge "Tom Cruise" like smile, and a glint in his eye that says "I can take on the world" and I calm down, stop my blubbering and thank him...

He says "no problem my friend" and bids me farewell and good luck with that huge smile and twinkling eyes.......

As he walked away on two titanium prosthetic legs, to his car with a bumper sticker that read "PROUD TO BE A VET - US MARINES"

have you ever felt truly, and I mean truly, ashamed?

Yea, there always seems to be another worse off then you at the moment. But when it is "your" turn it sure does suck. I think at times emotional pain is worse than physical pain. After reading about your "wimp" moment my toe doesn't hurt at all.... not a bit! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions