Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or so I now feel.... :BangHead:

I came out of the shower last night (no shoes back on) and was walking across the living room. I walked by an end table and stubbed my little toe HARD upon the table leg. I then fell on the couch yelling about my little toe. Damn it hurt bad... and was only getting worse for the next 15 minutes.

After a 1/2 hour of hollering and gripping about my little toe my wife says...."Damn, do you want me to drive you to the E.R.... or call 911?"

Now this hit home quickly. My wife is in her 5th month of 90% back spinal fusion surgery.... That shut me up (toe still hurt). But I quit gripping about it.

Woke up this morning and my WHOLE TOE IS PURPLE, BLUE AND BLACK! My wife got up about 2 hrs. later. I got her a cup of coffee and she asked about my toe...?

I showed her and she says.... "Damn, that looks like it hurts"....!!!!!

Not even a close comparison to her recent surgery.... I guess it's just different when it's YOU!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Brad, can't like this :(

Here's a couple weeks or more you won't crawl into that cave! Keep the faith and get well.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep!! Been there! A few years ago I bumped felt like kicked)( a table leg, middle toes hurt like you wouldn't believe. The pain got worse for an hour I swear. Next day...bruised still sore...I have been tased, and have been shot with paintballs (no shirt on....) :BangHead: Toe jamming:laughing7: hurts worse! They make steel toed romeos....like slippers...you might want to get, and wear them for a few days...
Ice will help ALOT!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya that will hurt a while....

A. Look where you are putting your foot/feet. Oooops ,too late.
B. Unless it is a compound fracture or really crooked there is not a lot to do with a little toe but feel how narrow your shoe is.
C. You broke it. (Toes are lousy hammers, yes?).
D. You will hit it or step wrong or some one or something will step on it four or five times in the near future ,just to remind you of A..

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife did that years ago. When her left foot was headed North he little toe was headed West.:BangHead:
Just Man up and forget it happened--------------------You won't get much sympathy from me------------you wimp you.:laughing7:
Teasing, get better Man.
Marvin

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should fashion some of your "many" horse shoes to fit your feet. Well maybe not, then you will be breaking the furniture.:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're anything like me, you'll be favoring that toe quite heavily for a while. ...In other words, no matter HOW HARD you try, you'll stub it another 6-8 times in the next 2 months. AT LEAST! :laughing9:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My toenail won't grow right after I did that.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The person who deserves the sympathy is your wife. You realize(hint, hint) that if you had been drunk, you would not have felt it...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you broke your toe - I do know how much it freaking hurts! ER would just tape it to your other toe and send you home with a 500mg Motrin and a bill for $675.00. My better half is a nurse, RN, BSN, and also has major back problems. I want you to know I am not shocked by your feelings, and I respect you for voicing them to us. You ARE a Man! :occasion14: :notworthy:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person who deserves the sympathy is your wife. You realize(hint, hint) that if you had been drunk, you would not have felt it...

BS. The reason I rammed/jammed/kicked/bumped/kicked my toe is because I WAS drunk!
It still hurt like hell.......

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pain is......personal. The degree of pain is, at times, dependent on the sensitivity of the area.........toes are just that..........sensitive.
After all we don't call dem elbows "crazy bones" for nuttin'.........:tongue3:
Pad that toe and get well soon!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limp like hell whenever she's around, piss and moan. Try for all the sympathy you can get. Tell her you should go digin to get your mind off of it.
If she's like my wife, she'll just roll her eyes and call you a big baby. Lol

HH RN

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hurtin a toe is pretty catastrophic and yes I think going diggin will help. Seriously Brad,get better and your wife too!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it's possible to put a toe in a Sling

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A busted toe is a pain in the, you know what! I think I hammered mine a couple months back and it's still painful every morning when I first walk on it in the morning.
Good luck with that Brad.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all.... well I got more sympathy from my "buddies" here on T-net than I actually did my wife (night it happened). It's now a lovely shade of black and green.... we're past the red stage now! I really don't know if I broke it or not... but it still hurts like hell. I got up this morning about 6:00 am. Got me a cup of coffee and sat down on the sofa. I turned on the news and 4 of my 5 dogs were all around me wanting attention with my leg upon the sofa. They all got their attention and I opened the slider door to let them out. About 10 minutes later and getting my 2nd cup our Great Dane walks out and STANDS on my hurt little toe. She doesn't just step on it.... She STANDS on it!!!!!! Talk about waking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just "glad" it's my little toe.... because I've broken some larger toes before. And the more they have to support the more it hurts.

Wife is still just shakin' her head.... I'm kinda ashamed.... (not). :laughing7:

This happened after the beer drinkin' (10-12...?) and a good shower. Surely there's no connection..... just saying. That end table just jumped out... not my fault. :dontknow:

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once had the front half of my big toenail bend up at a 90 degree angle. I thought that hurt until the doc grabbed it with both thumbs and bent it back down! Tell your wife I can feel a little of her pain as I have had the nerves burned in 7 vertebrae and may still have to go through fusion in my neck. Both of you get well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions