What coil....

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
[/quote]I have the stock 9.5 the royal 800 and the 4x6 Shooter. I was going to buy a 15in but after trying one i decided if i need to go that deep i will rent a backhoe. I found a 1903 V nickel yesterday at 7.5 inches with the 4x6 though.
[/quote]

You should get the 5.3 Bullseye coil ( 6inch) the coil cover for it, and another lower rod and if you don't have covers for any of your coils get that also.

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
I do have lower rods for all of them. i makes it so much easier. However...I can see this 4x6 staying on for a long while.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have both a large and a small coil for my 2500 and i must say, i rarely ever have a need for the large one at the sites that i commonly hunt. the small one i use a lot.

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
It's nice to see someone is getting decent depth from the 4"x6" shooter coil on a 6.59Khz detector. I sold mine because the 350 snooper coil beat it everytime on depth using the Eagle Spectrum,XLT, IDX Pro and 6000 Di Pro SL. I just figured Whites realized that and quit promoting DD Coils for the lower frequency detectors.The 5.3 BlackMax or Bullseye coils are my favorite on the lower frequency machines when good target separation and very good depth is the main concern.

I have an M6 and the DD Coils work great. I may have to revisit the 4"x6" shooter once more if i can find one cheap enough. Just my thoughts. Bill HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread