East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a huge field to search or a cache, get the bigger one. Day in an day out the smaller coil will be more useful for getting between the trash with out the masking problem.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Check the date on the coupon. The E-Series $200 rebate coupon expires 6/30/07.

Daryl

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
outraged said:
This is a 200$ gift certificate because they used a story i sent them.

If you don't have the Bullseye 5.3 (6 inch) you could get that and a lower rod.
It does have a little bit better depth than the 4X6.

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i think i would get the smaller coil.....
I bought one for my explorer 2 and i have used it a lot!!!!
Small coils are really handy for trashy areas or if your hunting some torn up areas with dirt piles.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Dimeman said:
outraged said:
This is a 200$ gift certificate because they used a story i sent them.

If you don't have the Bullseye 5.3 (6 inch) you could get that and a lower rod.
It does have a little bit better depth than the 4X6.

That is what I did when they posted my story in january. The 5.3 is a dynamite coil! :)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got both with my MXT. If I could only have one, I'd keep the 4X6. The difference in depth isn't all that great and it seems to slip thru the trash just a touch better in my opinion. Of course anything worth having is worth having 2 of, so why not add both to your arsenal eventually? I'm planning on adding the 6X10 in the near future. Hoping that will suit me better when a larger coil is wanted. Theoretically, the slightly narrower detection pattern should slip thru the trash better than the 9.5" standard. Anyway, have fun and dig alot.
Cheers,
luvsdux

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
I got the 4x6 DD....I love this coil so far...I have found A TON of nickels with it. The first day i used it i found a 1898 V nickel and a 1917 Standing lib.....I love how easy it is to swing in tight spots!!!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I ordered a 6x10 with the coupon for 49.95 when I purchased my M-6.. I do believe it just had to be purchased by 6/30.. I also ordered a 3x6 for the M-6.. I submitted a story and Whites sent me the $200.00 certificate also!! Very cool!!! I do believe the 3x6 will be used quite a bit as the area I hunt is iron infested.. Should be good at picking through it all..
Ray

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i agree with Dimeman the 4x6 get excellant seperation but depth is about 4", the 5.3 gets a lot better depth with good seperation, how deep are most of you targets? Thompy

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
I have no trouble getting targets at 6-8 inches and sometimes more with the 4x6 Shooter coil and my DFX. Don't know why others may only get 4 inches.

Daryl

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
BioProfessor said:
I have no trouble getting targets at 6-8 inches and sometimes more with the 4x6 Shooter coil and my DFX. Don't know why others may only get 4 inches.

Daryl

when my 5.3 was working...I got up to 7.5

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
BioProfessor said:

Daryl
Prof..
The XLT is a different frequency than the DFX/MXT/M6 coils. For some reason the 4X6 shooter coils have a bit less depth on the lower frequency detectors than the higher frequency.

Outraged:
What coils do you have?? On my IDX I have the 4X6 shooter ( on it 95% of the time) the Bullseye(6 inch)2nd most usage) and the 8 inch. I plan on getting the Blue Max 950, for more depth.
The Maxima 15 inch will be a heavy one to swing for long hunts.I used to have a 15 inch coil for my old Coinmaster and it was like swinging a anchor!!!!! If you have great arm muscles, and need the coil to look for small jars of coins at over 1 foot deep or more,( How deep do you want to dig??? To China??? :P j/k) you should get one, otherwise the 9 1/2 inch Blue Max will be great for large open areas or the beach with little or no trash, and gets good depth.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Live and learn. I'm not familiar with the XLT but I am surprised you would lose the depth. Oh well, looks like my 2 cents worth was worth about NOTHING.

In the words of Gilda Radner, "Never Mind!"

Thanks for the correction/information.

Daryl

OP
OP
outraged

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Dimeman said:
BioProfessor said:

Daryl
Prof..
The XLT is a different frequency than the DFX/MXT/M6 coils. For some reason the 4X6 shooter coils have a bit less depth on the lower frequency detectors than the higher frequency.

Outraged:
What coils do you have?? On my IDX I have the 4X6 shooter ( on it 95% of the time) the Bullseye(6 inch)2nd most usage) and the 8 inch. I plan on getting the Blue Max 950, for more depth.
The Maxima 15 inch will be a heavy one to swing for long hunts.I used to have a 15 inch coil for my old Coinmaster and it was like swinging a anchor!!!!! If you have great arm muscles, and need the coil to look for small jars of coins at over 1 foot deep or more,( How deep do you want to dig??? To China??? :P j/k) you should get one, otherwise the 9 1/2 inch Blue Max will be great for large open areas or the beach with little or no trash, and gets good depth.
I have the stock 9.5 the royal 800 and the 4x6 Shooter. I was going to buy a 15in but after trying one i decided if i need to go that deep i will rent a backhoe. I found a 1903 V nickel yesterday at 7.5 inches with the 4x6 though.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
BioProfessor said:
Live and learn. I'm not familiar with the XLT but I am surprised you would lose the depth. Oh well, looks like my 2 cents worth was worth about NOTHING.

In the words of Gilda Radner, "Never Mind!"

Thanks for the correction/information.

Daryl

Prof,
Keep on giving your 2 cents.....some of us need all the cents (sense) we can get.... ;).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread