URGENT:: If Anyone has or does run into problems with the MA DCR Rangers ---

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me an IMMEDIATE note on what happened. Record Names, Dates, Times and Location. I will take it straight to Commissioner Jack Murray to stop that Harrassment ok. The Laws Banning Detecting on DCR Controlled Beaches has been rescinded by the Commissioner. Somehow NOT all of the Rangers got tat Memo. I will make sure they do. This is a Battle We here have fought long and hard to overturn those Laws. I won't put up with ANY crap at all. I'll deal with it STAT.
Also you can go straight to the Thread up top on this subject. In it there is a Link that will give you a copy of the "CURRENT" Laws along with the contact info for DCR Commissioner Jack Murray. I'll flood him again for sure. PRINT OUT A COPY OF THESE LAWS and CARRY it with you if confronted by a Ranger. When he arrives show him the Laws. This should stop them unless they want to play Barnie Fife. If they do I will make sure they get an earfull. ok. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Information Ron.
Well played.
Send a copy of the new laws to The Task Force for Metal Detecting Rights Foundation.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how "everybody" got the notice when they imposed the law, but they don't bother to notify "everybody" when they rescind the law.

Wonder if they thought they could just let that slide.

Its good you're on their case Ron!

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which thread has that link? The one about the laws in all fifty states? Or the one about how metal detecting is illegal on all Massachusetts beaches? I am definitely going to print out a copy to bring with me, thanks for your work.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Against the wind; How do I reach them ??? Rustic, It is the one Banning Detecting on MA Beaches. It is located at the top of the General Discussion Forum in blue ok. Just look for it in that Thread. It should be in the first 5 or so Pages ok. Thanks for your support guys. I can't do this alone. It is "ALL" of us working together that get's it DONE and the right changes made to these Laws ok. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi; Against the wind; How do I reach them ??? Rustic, It is the one Banning Detecting on MA Beaches. It is located at the top of the General Discussion Forum in blue ok. Just look for it in that Thread. It should be in the first 5 or so Pages ok. Thanks for your support guys. I can't do this alone. It is "ALL" of us working together that get's it DONE and the right changes made to these Laws ok. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

No link??

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we can ask Treasure_Hunter if the link is still avtive, he posted it on there for us.
BARKER can you pm him and see if he knows if the link is avtive.
My pm box is not working, its full and i can't clear it from my ph.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; AN UPDATE: I will Post ALL of the pertinent Posts and Links below. I have abbreviated many of them for the sake of ease. I will Post each former Post on this subject in order and say which Posts you should print out ok. I will include links by themselves or in the Posts already. I will also be following up to make sure ALL the Links and Contacts are current ok. You will find ALL of these Links and Posts at the top of the General Discussion Forum in a BLUE Header. This Battle is NOT over. I plan to win this wholesale ok. PEACE:RONB

The Petition Link for the DCR is : MoveOn Petitions - Commissioner Jack Murray: Stop the banning of metal detecting on Massachusetts beaches

The Link for the THEN Regs for DCR Beaches : http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dcr/ne...olicies-and-regs/302-cmr-12-draft-8-23-13.pdf PLease read Pg 1 Post 12.

The Link for the Petition: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/com...&r=10394344 Please read Pg 3 Post 3

Please read Pg 3 Post 11

Here is the Link to stop the Petition : MoveOn Petitions - Commissioner Jack Murray: Stop the banning of metal detecting on Massachusetts beaches Please read Pg 3 Post 12

Here is a Link for all DCR Beaches in MA : List Of DCR-Run Ocean & Saltwater Beaches In Mass. « CBS Boston Please read Pg 6 Post 6

Please read Pg 10 Post 2

Please read Pg 10 Post 13

Here is a Link on Political Motivations : Look to lawmakers for proof of Peter Principle | Letters to the Editor | nwitimes.com Please read Pg 11 Post 1

Please read Pg 11 Post 7 & 8

Please read Pg 11 Post 13

Please read Pg 12 Post 5: PLEASE PRINT OUT

Here is a DCR Contact Link : Look to lawmakers for proof of Peter Principle | Letters to the Editor | nwitimes.com Please read Pg 12 Post 6 : PLEASE PRINT OUT.

Please read Pg 12 Post 10 ; Please Print out

Please read Pg 12 Post 12 & 13

Please read Pg 13 Post 5 : A Letter From Mr. Jason Silva DCR

Please read Pg 13 Post 12 : PRINT OUT

Please read Pg 13 Post 13 : PRINT OUT

Please Read Pg 20 Post 1 : PRINT OUT : Direct Contact Numbers to save on your phones.

The above Posts are a complete compendium of ALL pertinent Posts regarding this topic. It's a LOT of work put together for you. Please read and PRINT OUT any you may desire too ok. You can also copy and Print out ANY details you may wish to use to shorten the List ok. I thank you for your participation in this Battle. I wish to thank the many who have contributed Links to this process as well. I can not do this alone. It is WE the People who will and have gotten this done. May God Bless All of You & Yours. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Ron for all your hard work to keep the beaches open for all. MD'ers!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great commissioner. You should carry a copy of his statement with you at all time.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Honest Samuel; Hit the idea on the head. PLEASE print out and carry Those Posts with the Statements that were made by the Commissioner, Jack Murray, Elizabeth FitzPatrick and Jack Silva along with the Contact Numbers ok. I found out there is a new Commissioner and I will Post his info shortly ok. I am going to take this mess a step further. I am going to work to get an actual Form Statement made on ONE PAGE and Signed by the new Commissioner. Jack Murray still does work at the DCR and is now an Advisor to the Commissioner ok. The same is true of the other Contacts as well. I will Post it asap. This way We will not need to carry 20 papers in our pockets ok. I will let you all know. HH PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Now that my sister is home after major surgery I now have a bit of time to work on the DCR Problem. I will Post the Updated Info this week ok. I also plan on going directly to the Commissioners Office to get that ONE PAGE FORM regarding the fact that metal detecting IS allowed on DCR Beaches and that the Laws have been rescinded. This way you only need to carry ONE paper with you while detecting on DCR Beaches so if you are confronted by a DCR Ranger you can show him that Form and stop him from harassing you and others again ok. Carry a 2nd Copy to give him so he can show it to his fellow Rangers. That way the word will get around faster and put a COLD stop to this Trampling of Our basic Civil Rights. Thanks. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron!
Prayers for your sister's full recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread