I need a little CW Relic or Coin hunting advice.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I,m not asking for anybody's Huntin Spots Or anyone to take me to any of their sites.

In mid July the Wife , Son , Her sister & her Mom are going on a beach trip.
'No Men Invited':sadsmiley:

That said I was thinkin about taking a day 'or 2 ' trip somewhere do try to find some relics from another state MS, AL TN ,SC...I'm willing to drive 3-4 hours to hunt a place ,Where If I were to find at-least one Minnie or better 2 =(an OCD # Thing).

Or would love to go to an area where More Barber, Seated Buff's can be found but that's likely a little to far north for me.

Any advice on where some "Leftovers" can be found would be Awesome.

Like I said 1 or 2 minnies (fired or not) would make the trip worth it , Heck I'd be Happy with a couple Mercs.:laughing7:

Just thought I'd Ask .

Next month if anybody sees a car with Georgia Plates , Cruising with a guy driving (with his head on a swivel ) be patient please it may be Me. Oh esp, in the States I mentioned . LOL:thumbsup:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers, CW relic hunting is tough, it has to be done almost exclusively on private land because most sites are protected. With that said, unless you can find someone who has a site all you can do is research the area you want to hunt and do some door knocking. It's going to be hard in an area your not familiar with but not impossible. I'd try and find a battlefield or campsite, then locate the preservation boundary and start from there. You could also, through research try and find some old parks or picnic areas along your route.
Sounds like a fun trip. Good luck.

HH RN

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers, CW relic hunting is tough, it has to be done almost exclusively on private land because most sites are protected. With that said, unless you can find someone who has a site all you can do is research the area you want to hunt and do some door knocking. It's going to be hard in an area your not familiar with but not impossible. I'd try and find a battlefield or campsite, then locate the preservation boundary and start from there. You could also, through research try and find some old parks or picnic areas along your route.
Sounds like a fun trip. Good luck.

HH RN

I forgot about this post , thanks for the reply.

Yea I never hunt in protected areas & try to get permission or I don't hunt.

CW Hunting around here is HARD WORK. You gotta love the history, It def, not about the Money.

The few times a year I find a GS Cuff , worth $5 or $10 it's worth Hundreds to me.

I got blessed to find that site last Winter / Spring that produced 6-7 GS type buttons in Good Condition.
Usually it's 1 every few months.

I'm lucky as heck to find what I do ...Many 6-10 hour Hunts.
GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread