AT Pro Sound Question

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the 4th time I've used it. I am operating in Pro Zero Mode- Iron at 40-- I ground balence in a clean spot and it comes up 75-80 which is low for my area, most places are 88-89.

No matter if it was sitting on the ground still, or while I was swinging it,, it would make all kinds of sputters, faint dings, and even with the iron audio off and iron set at 40, it would sound off on VDI number of 25-35. It sounded like a slot machine

I tried turning it off, factory reset and my cord is zip tied. This has never done this before

Whats up with all this noise?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, the batteries might be funky... Switch them out.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like interference, try changing channels if the sensitivity dosent help.

HH RN

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that problem it was a bad coil. That's rare.. The other times this happened I fixed it by one of these procedures First make sure your coil is clean and there isn't any metal or anything embedded or stuck on the coil. Another suggestion would be to change the frequency depending where you are there could be interference from electric lines or someone using another device. Also as previously suggested turn down your sensitivity. Make sure your connectors don't have dirt in them if they were loose at some time that could also cause that. These are some of the suggestions kellyco gave me. This may seem crazy but something in your pocket or carrying your digging tool next to your coil line even steel toes on your boots just trying to help I know this can be very annoying it could also be a very very high Iron metal content area you were in.Hope this might help somehow Tommy

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the suggestions. I turned down the sensitivity and forgot about frequency.

It's never acted like this. Maybe some Burried culvert metal pipe or the bank across the street. It's alarm messed with a radar detector/ phone signals in the past.

Thanks All

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar issue with the cable connection at the coil. It was loose. I upgraded to the smaller search coil and the problem disappeared. Also, had to make sure the cable is snug around the shaft and doesnt move.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had just got my shiny new At Pro...got it for xmas in 2014 and prayed every day for Spring...puttered around my yard for a couple days...and after several hours under my belt, I headed off to a friend's old farm...I started in the front yard and immediately had NO control of my machine...bloop, bleep, blop...etc etc...I changed batteries - same...tried balancing - same...after struggling for 45 minutes, the lady of the house sez..."should I turn off the invisible dog fence?"....DOH !!

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like interferance from a radio wave ie cell tower ,try it in a differnt spot some distance away

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the path of an electric cable to a pump that was running in a park I detect.That was exactly what mine was doing.but if I moved away from that area it was fine so probably electrical interference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions