Trying to get permission for metal detecting on my campus

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, today I drove back home from a short trip. A road which I drive many times was closed because reconstruction. So I turned into an alley (another way to my home), then I found another alley which I don't know before. I went in, I saw a big empty land. It looks like there was a building on it. So, I did some research after I arrive home. I found that piece land used to be a apartment building for a nearby university. The apatment was build around 1960. I know that apartment prabably is not old, but I decide to metal detecting. So, I write a email to the university principal to obtain a permission, and get a quick response said she ask somebody then reply me in a few days. I hope I will get this permission. If I get the permission, it gonna be my second metal detect hunting.. 8-)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the permission.

MAke sure you leave NO trace of your detecting as to help ensure future possible permissions.
Respect the grounds as if it were your own.
Learn and master proper "plug" technique and patch flaps replacement...
If uncertain... watch some better vids on how to do it.
Also...
I might add... being low key might help in your future permissions... for several reasons which I can elaborate upon more if need be.

Btw... Welcome to Tnet.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck buddy
If you do get permission by way of an email,,,
Carry that email with you. It will serve as your permit in the event someone has a problem with you metal detecting there.

OP
OP
J

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on the permission.

MAke sure you leave NO trace of your detecting as to help ensure future possible permissions.
Respect the grounds as if it were your own.
Also...
I might add... being low key might help in your future permissions... for several reasons which I can elaborate upon more if need be.

Btw... Welcome to Tnet.

Yes, I will. :occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I edited the post before your reply with quote btw.

Err after even. :/

OP
OP
J

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck buddy
If you do get permission by way of an email,,,
Carry that email with you. It will serve as your permit in the event someone has a problem with you metal detecting there.

Thank you for your reminding. I wish no one come toward me, hah let me immersed while detecting.

OP
OP
J

jeffrey1215

Jun 20, 2016
Portage county, OH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck getting that permission. I'm sure you'll find treasure...

I hope so, the construction was built at 1965, not really old, but I hope I can find something that before the apartment was build. I need do more research on what was there before the apartment. Do you have any researching tips?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread