Hidden Stuff

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been doing some research on a place about hidden civil war stuff , its in a pretty remote spot . and i have found a rock overhang that is stacked full of basketball sized rocks , filled in from the front and goes back high into the back, the real kicker is they have all been shot, as in dynamited, alot of drill marks in them .and packed in and stacked . i dont believe its been done to preserve Indian relics because theres alot of cliffs and this is the only one done this way . ? is did any military side hide stuff this way. as near as i can tell theirs no way any type of mining operation or equip has ever been close to this.what do you experts think?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is manmade nicks and drill spots on them then I would think stacked to hide something. I would unstack just for kicks and of course curiosity. That's a lot of trouble just for nothing. I would think something hidden for sure. Or burial but then why drill out rocks just to bury someone. Now I'm curious too:laughing7:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, uncover some for a closer look------------------------ALSO, watch out for the "No Shoulders" (Snakes), they love to hide in rock piles.
Wear leather welding gloves.
Marvin

OP
OP
S

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all, guess i just need motivation to move the rocks. in checking old maps and such i found out there was a old travel rout from ky. to tenn. not more than two to three hundred yards away in 1832 and a civil war camp about a mile away as the crow flys. i will probly be moving rocks and detecting very shortly.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Before you go pulling out any of those rocks, take a real good look at them. Planned or not, pull the wrong one and you could get yourself into quite a mess, by causing them to fall.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... they have all been shot, as in dynamited, alot of drill marks in them .and packed in and stacked . ...

sawmill: Is it possible that this is simply nothing more than a bunch of "basketball sized rocks" , that have drill marks, and were stacked, for reasons other-than-treasure ? Dynamiting was a common way of clearing things in the old days. For no other purpose than "clearing". And to stack rocks up (make piles of your spoils) is probably pretty routine for construction projects.

So is it possible you're reading too much into this ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread