It is herreeeee....markets tumble.....metals soar...other post catastrophic fail!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Third try is a charm. Apparently an apostrophe in the title line destroys the known universe. I did ask the mods to fix or remove them as I couldn't access or open it either.

Anyway, here we go again.

I had to watch the mess last night, into the early morning about the UK leaving the EU. Now my stock broker had me liquidate the European stuff a few years ago,
so I probably did ok.

Markets were down 613 points in pre trading at 12:30 am EST June 24. Watching the BBC was interesting. On Fox you'd have an alert every 45 seconds, until you felt like telling the TV to get over itself and turn on relatively mindless videos on Youtube, like funny cats or funny chickens or something similar. Something people in my age group can understand.. CNN would have had a special report than ran forever and ever, amen.

The BBC reporting was calm and collected, like - and "whatevershire" votes "leaves". while "thatshire" votes "remains", and on and on it went. Good reporting, but compared to
US hype it was fascinating, but like watching a dryer tumble. I made up the names of the "shires" involved, they're still called that, to keep it accurate.

I did notice on Ebay a few things last night. First, SOME sellers of silver were selling numerous rolls of silver coins PER HOUR. NUMEROUS. Bet the new listings today with buy it now's are starting higher too. I had a couple gold listings up (coincidental to the voting), hadn't paid attention earlier to the vote and in 6 hours the bids were up 50%.

Now what does all this mean to us little people? I still had to go to work today. And this kind of thing has happened before, over and over and over again. History repeats itself.

One of my favorite quotes is "There is nothing new under the sun." That was written a long, long time ago, but not in a galaxy far, far away. King Solomon wrote it. If you forget who that was, try Google. Cheers! God save the Queen!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW- please remember, what goes up, must come down. And vice versa. Similar to a bad sushi encounter.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you could finally get a post up. I tried to view a few news sites on the subject, but seems they ALL have these videos now that will still download even if you don't view them. Was eating away at my data. ...Guess I'll just have to hope I wake up tomorrow to a relatively similar world. :tongue3:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats this going to do to the price of gold here?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the markets decide to panic, and stay that way gold and silver will probably go up. At least temporarily.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yada yada yada, ever hear of y2k?

by tuesday it be back to normal

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I think Thursday. Did you hear the one when at midnight at y2k, this lady prepper had everything ready. She had gone to extremes it appears. Well, exactly at midnight the power went off. Her husband had gone down the basement and thrown the main breaker in the house.

I wonder if he lived after that? Was all over the news back then.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whew!! another asteroid missed!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was right! Thursday it is! Dow is higher than on June 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread